FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: January 2011
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Check out this list of the most popular craft projects for January 2011. Revisit your faves and discover new projects to make! We've rounded up our readers' favorite crafts from January and added in a few bonus projects that we thought you'd enjoy too. Which one is your favorite?
FaveCrafts Most Popular Craft Projects: January 2011
Table of Contents
Here are your favorite craft projects from January and a few bonus projects to make, hand selected based on your interests.
Heating Pillow with Buckwheat: Sew up an easy pillow filled with buckwheat to serve as a heating pad. Buckwheat holds the heat (or cold) better than rice or other grains and is hypoallergenic, since buckwheat is not actually a cereal or grass. Add a few drops of your favorite fragrance oil, or just enjoy the smell of buckwheat. You can also use this pillow as a wrist pillow when working with your computer mouse.
If you like this project, check out more heating pillows to make:
Hot/Cold Compress & Knit and Felt Hearts
Crepe Paper Rose Bouquet: Learn how to make realistic roses with sturdy yet inexpensive crepe paper. This technique is a great way to create a bouquet of roses gift or decoration for Valentine's Day. These roses cost less and last longer!
If you like this project, check out more flower crafts:
Aconite Flower & Rose Bouquet Ball
Japanese Afternoon Quilt: A Japanese-inspired assortment of fabrics complete with cherry blossoms and umbrellas combines for a beautiful quilt. This intermediate quilt pattern includes a helpful assembly diagram.
If you like this project, check out more blanket and quilt patterns:
ABCs Baby Quilt & No Sew Personalized Throw
We rounded up your favorite knitting patterns from AllFreeKnitting.com and added in some extras from FaveCrafts. Enjoy!
Romantic Ruffle Scarf: This beautiful and classic free knitting pattern is perfect for the special woman in your life. Give any outfit a girly touch with this Romantic Ruffle Scarf.
If you like this project, check out more ruffle scarves:
Summer Scarf (sewn) & Funky Ruffled Scarf (crochet)
10-Hour Afghan Pattern: The 10-Hour Afghan Pattern is a big needle blanket that can be made from leftover knitting yarn. Depending on the yarn you collect, it can turn out to be a colorful knitting pattern!
If you like this project, check out more knit afghan patterns:
Easy Chunky Knit Blanket & Cables and Blocks Afghan
Tide Pool Scarf: Wear this free knitting pattern inspired by the calming blue of the pool. The Tide Pool Scarf will look great with any outfit.
If you like this project, check out more cowl patterns:
Slouchy Knit Cowl & Crochet Convertible Cowl
Grab your hooks and start crocheting! Here are your favorite patterns from AllFreeCrochet.com, plus more from FaveCrafts that we know you'll love.
Crochet Hot Pad from Beer Caps: This is such a neat crochet pattern that you have to try. It's also a nice recycling tactic with old beer caps. A crochet hotpad from beer caps is easy to make and will look great in the kitchen.
If you like this project, check out more trivet ideas:
Bottle Cap Coasters & Spring Hot Pad
Sweet and Simple Shawl: This free easy crochet pattern is great for those who are just beginning to crochet. This shawl is great for any time of year even a nice summer night.
If you like this project, check out more crochet shawl patterns:
Crochet Shawl for Summer & Broomstick Lace Shawl
Irish Snowflake: This pattern is referred to as the Irish snowflake because the largest chain spaces look like the shape of a heart. Your Irish friends and family would love this one. Snowflake crochet patterns are great when they look like this.
If you like this project, check out more snowflake crafts:
Crochet Snowflake Table Runner & Glue and Glitter Snowflakes
Here are the top 3 most popular sewing patterns from AllFreeSewing.com. To find more sewing patterns on FaveCrafts, read on...
Triple Border Dish Towel: Here's another free, easy sewing pattern for the kitchen. Make these triple border dish towels to add character and style to your kitchen.
If you like this project, check out more dish towel patterns:
Embellished Tea Towel & Cute Fabric Trimmed Towel
Outgrown Pants Bag: Save those pants you've outgrown because you can actually give them a whole new life. Create the Outgrown Pants Bag and you'll love owning this thrifty sewn project.
If you like this project, check out more upcycled bag ideas:
Place Mat Purse & Funky Jeans Bag
Fabulous Anthro Inspired Shirt: This shirt only costs $5 to make! That's a lot less than a similar Anthropologie shirt would cost. You can make the Fabulous Anthro-Inspired Shirt with a $4 dollar t-shirt and a $1 dollar store towel. Thrifty and cute!
If you like this project, check out more T-shirt crafts:
Guitar Reverse Applique Shirt & Groovy T-Shirt Tote
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you think you know all the ways to make crafts with wine corks, you've obviously never seen this genius Pretty Pendant Charm… See moreGet More Projects
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- 11 DIY Craft Projects for Any Occasion
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- "Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2016: DIY Home Decor, Paper Craft Ideas, Sewing Projects, and Unique DIY Crafts" free eBook
- "12 Easy DIY Projects" Free eBook
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More
- National Craft Month 2017
- 100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Patterns, Free Sewing Patterns, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 268 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Easy Button Earrings
- Penny Copper and Gold Necklace
- DIY Movie or Picnic Blanket
- DIY Insect Repeller/Cleaner
- All Natural Weed Killer DIY
- Woodland Espresso Cup Airplant Planter
- Nautical Free Printable Art
- Turquoise Beach Watercolor Printables
- Silk Flower Centerpiece