Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters
This great kitchen canister set from Plaid is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters also make a great gift for a housewarming or a newly married couple.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Blue Sky
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Tartan Red
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface High Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint - Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 6oz Multi-Surface Chalkboard Paint Acrylic Craft Paint - Blue
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Specialty Sponges
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set - 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Canister set
- Containers of your choice
TIP Practice your technique or check your color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
- Use a straight edge and pencil to draw a guide line, if applicable.
- Remove backing from stencil and set aside. Place stencil on surface.
- Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load paint sparingly on a stencil brush or sponge and dab off excess. Lightly dab on a thin layer of paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Paint all areas of one color on the stencil before moving on to the next.
- While paint is still wet, carefully peel off stencil.
- Continue painting areas of the stencil according to your design. Let the paint dry completely before placing another stencil (or color) over it.
- Use stencil tape to tape off a 5in x 6in rectangle on the cookie jar.
- Use a specialty sponge to paint 2 to 3 layers of blue chalkboard paint. Before paint dries, carefully release stencil tape.
- Use Tartan Red and a foam pouncer and follow general adhesive stenciling instructions.
- Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint.
- Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.
Read NextColorful DIY Kitchen Utensils
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
loritaaustin78 690 5322
Jul 22, 2014
WHAT DID YOU USE FOR CAN FOR THE CANISTERS SET? I have never made one but would like to know what kind of different size of cans?
FaveCrafts Editor JL
Jul 23, 2014
Hi there, I suggest visiting a craft store or retailer like Walmart or Target to purchase canisters. There is not indication that you need a specific kind, so pick something that is easy to DIY.
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, I am looking for directions on how to use spray paint with stencils. Also what kind of spray paint works best on glass. Thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use