Knitted Brim Hat
This Knitted Brim Hat from Red Heart Yarn is great for beginners and those new to knitting who want a little challenge. A red knitted hat like this one is a great accessory for the fall and winter months...and makes a great gift for all your friends!
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 930 Lipstick
- Knitting Needles: 5.5 mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4”; 20 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge given.
- Cast on 73 sts. Beginning with K row, work in St st, (Knit 1 row, Purl 1 row), until piece measures 7” from beginning, ending with a P row.
- Shape Top: [K2tog, K14, slip 1, K1, psso, place a marker on the needle] 4 times, K1. Next Row: Purl.
- Next Row: [K2tog, K to 2 sts before marker, slip 1, K1, psso] 4 times, K1.
- Repeat last 2 rows until 9 sts remain. Fasten off leaving a long end for weaving and sewing. Weave through the remaining sts, draw up tight and fasten. Sew seam.
- Weave in all ends.
Read NextBright and Colorful Loom Knit Hat