We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The comfortable, Slouchy Cowl from Patons is a delightful way to keep warm and add a burst of color to your winter attire. Use this free knitting pattern and super-soft angora yarn to make a cowl. Unlike many free scarf patterns, cowls guarantee warmth because they are designed to stay snug and tight around your neck, capturing that much-needed body heat during cold and frigid days.
You could easily match this stunning, free cowl pattern to any of your coats by making it in the correct color of yarn. Adding style and comfort to your wardrobe can be difficult, but with comfy free cowl patterns like this one you will look the part of the effortlessly chic goddess. Basic pieces do a lot to add a classic flair to any look. Just because you are battling snow and ice does not mean you cannot look your best. Free scarf knitting patterns like this one are a great way to look like stylish while staying warm and toasty. Once you get started on this amazing cowl knitting pattern, you'll never want to stop.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge20 sts and 25 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Finished SizeApprox 16 ins [40.5 cm] wide x 30 ins [76 cm] around.
- Yarn: Patons® Angora Bamboo (50 g / 1.75 oz) (Approx 73 m / 80 yds) 90105 (Low Tide) 5 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain tension.
Find mow how to make a cowl and DIY cowls in our collection of 10 Crochet and Knit Cowl Patterns
How to Knit the Slouchy Cowl
Note: Cowl is worked sidewise.
Cast on 80 sts.
1st row: (WS). K2. Purl to last 2 sts. K2.
2nd row: K2. *yfwd. K2. Pass yfwd over K2. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
These 2 rows form pat.
Cont in pat until piece measures 30 ins [76 cm], ending with a WS row.
Sew cast on and cast off edges tog.
- Yarn over the needle. Canadian term, comparable to US term yarn over (yo).
If you can't get enough scarf knitting patterns, be sure to check out 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home