Knit Two Hours or Less Scarf
This quick knit scarf will make you a master of the garter stitch, and you'll finish in no time.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
With this scarf knitting pattern, you can create a lovely scarf in two hours or less. The chunky yarn from Lion Brand Yarn will keep you warm and stylish through the winter. The fringe, created after knitting the scarf, is a nice touch and very easy to do. You can save this scarf for yourself or give it as a gift during the holiday season - it will surely come in handy during the cold winter months. You only need three skeins of yarn for this projects, so you won't break the bank trying to complete this project. Gather up three of your favorite yarn colors and start working on this project - it's one of the easiest free knitting patterns you can make.
Gauge8 stitches = 4" (10 cm) in Garter stitch (knit every stitch on every row) with 3 strands (1 strand each of A, B, and C) held together.
- Lion Brand VANNA'S CHOICE (Art. #860)
- Antique Rose 1 ball (A)
- Purple Mist 1 ball (B)
- Taupe 1 ball (C)
- Knitting needles size 19 (15 mm)
- Large-eyed blunt needle
Find this bulky pattern and others like it in 21 Free Knit Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
Knit Two Hour or Less Free Scarf Pattern
The best thing about this free knit scarf pattern is that it can be worked up in less than an afternoon. So, the next time you stay in due to the weather, spend those hours stitching up something to keep you warm. Comfy, cozy, and crazy easy to knit, this free knitting pattern is a favorite of our readers. It is easy to see why! If the color scheme shown does not match your winter gear, you could easily use different colored yarn to personalize this pretty knit accessory. Plus, since this pattern only take 2 hours to knit, you could easily knit a whole set in several colors, making sure you're warm and color-cordindated for the entire season.
With 1 strand of A, B and C held together, cast on 16 stitches. Work in Garter stitch (knit every stitch on every row) until piece measures about 45" (114.5 cm) from beginning. Bind off.
Weave in ends.
For each Fringe cut 2 lengths of each color, 22" (56 cm) long. Fold strands in half, pull fold through end of Scarf. Pull strands through fold and tighten. Make 8 Fringe along each end of Scarf.
BONUS! More Free Knitting Patterns
If you are on the lookout for even more free knitting patterns, check out the collections below. Full of how to knit tutorials for washcloths, scarves, knit clothing patterns, and more, there's sure to be a knitting pattern you will love.
For more scarves you'll love, check out our stunning collection of 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
What is the fastest time you've ever taken to complete a knitting pattern?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dream Catcher Coloring Page for Adults
- Alphabet Coloring Page PDF
- Medley of Fall Leaves Adult Coloring Page
- Felt Emoji Hoop
- 16 Southwest Crafts
- Bias Calculator And Formula
- 15 Unique Crochet Stitches
- 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
- 14 Craft Ideas to Combat Anxiety
- Intricate Fall Wreath Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home