Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
One day crochet afghan patterns don't get better than this.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a free crochet throw pattern to create your own afghan in just under six hours. That's right - you can crochet an entire afghan in just one night. Easy crochet patterns are perfect for beginners and this one is sure to keep you busy.This fast and fun work-up shows you how to crochet a throw pattern that will add some cuddly options to any room in your house. Whether you drape this free crochet throw pattern over your living room couch or keep it at the end of the bed in your guest room, it is sure to get some use.
The warm, chunky yarn makes this the perfect winter accessory for anyone who wants to hide from the cold. If you like free crochet patterns but don't have a lot of time to get crafty, work on this project - you can work on it while you catch up on your favorite television shows.
PS: Find more crochet throw patterns below, and check out our video tutorial on double crochet!
NotesThrow is worked with 1 strand of each color yarn held together.
Crochet HookQ or 16mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge3 V-sts + 4 rows = 6 in. (15 cm) in pattern with 3 strands of yarn held together.
Note: Be sure to check your gauge. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Finished Size45 X 60 in. (114.5 x 152.5 cm)
- 860-099 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Linen, 5 balls
- 860-107 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Sapphire, 5 balls
- 860-172 Vanna's Choice Yarn: Kelly Green, 5 balls
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size Q-19
- Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
- 11 in. (28 cm) piece of cardboard
How to Crochet the 6 Hour Crochet Throw Pattern
With 1 strand each of A, B and C held together, ch 67.
Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook, ch 1, dc in same ch (V-st made), *sk 2 ch, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch (V-st made); repeat from * to last 2 ch, sk 1 ch, dc in last ch.
Rows 2-39: Ch 3, turn, (dc, ch 1, dc) in each ch-1 sp across, dc in 3rd ch of turning ch.
From Right Side, work 1 row of single crochet evenly spaced on side edge of Throw. Repeat on opposite side edge.
Weave in ends.
Wrap yarn around cardboard. Cut strands at one end. For each Fringe, hold 3 strands of each yarn (9 strands total) together and fold in half. Use crochet hook to draw fold through edge of piece, forming a loop. Pull ends of Fringe through this loop and tighten. Make fringe along both ends of Throw. Trim fringe evenly.
More Crochet Throw Patterns
If you loved making the free crochet throw pattern above, you are going to adore the projects below. These is nothing comfier or cozier than snuggling under a crochet throw while you watch TV, read a good book, or even work on a brand new free crochet pattern. Crochet throw patterns are a great way to add some texture and warmth to any room of your home, providing a quick and easy way to cuddle to any and all guests.
- double crochet
- space previously made
Learn How to Double Crochet
New to double crochet? Check out this handy video tutorial for how to double crochet from our friends at AllFreeCrochet.
New to the world of crochet? Never fear - there are plenty of fun and easy crochet blanket patterns for you to enjoy. Check out this collection of 51+ Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners and cute and comfy ways to spruce up your space. There are also plenty of gift ideas for a baby shower. Get these great patterns here: 51 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Beginners
Let Us Know:
Do you prefer creating quick crochet throw patterns or larger, more complicated crochet afghan patterns?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make these super cute slippers and lounge around the house. Grandma's Knitted Slippers also make great gifts for your favorite people.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Knitted Slippersvideocam"
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- 25 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns: One Piece Only
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Fast Care Package Throw
- Warm Stripes Afghan
- Isobel's Afghan Pattern
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Ripple Afghan Pattern
- Sophisticated Pomp-Edged Crocheted Throw
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tide Knot Summer Mesh Sweater
- Cute Cat Coasters
- C2c Rainbow And Coffee Cup Afghan Square
- Simple Heather Grey Cowl
- Easy Diy Face Masks Without Elastic
- Glow In The Dark Plastic Water Bottle Bowling
- Blueberry Lemon Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home