Easy Triangle Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This easy knit poncho pattern from Bernat Yarns is a great project for beginners. The triangular shape is stylish and the finish is soft and comfortable.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- Bernat® Soft Bouclé (140 g/5 oz)
- Sizes XS/M (L/2XL-3XL/5XL)
- 2 (2-3) balls
- Knitting Needles: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Optional: 50 ins [127 cm] length of ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon for Drawstring.
To fit bust measurement
- 28 - 38 ins [71 - 96.5 cm]
- 40 - 50" [101.5 - 127"]
- 52 - 62" [132 - 158"]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 17 ins [43 cm]
- L/2-XL 19¾" [50 "]
3-XL/5-XL 22½" [57 "]
GAUGE: 15 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
beg = Beginning.
K = Knit.
rep = Repeat.
RS = Right Side.
st(s) = Stitch(es).
WS = Wrong Side.
Cast on 46 (54-60) sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 51 (53-55) ins [129.5 (135.5-139.5) cm], ending a WS row.
Work 3 rows in garter st.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
To finish, sew cast on edge to side of Poncho (see Diagram).
Ribbon Drawstring: Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge.
Tie into a bow at center as shown in picture.
Optional: Yarn Drawstring: Cut 3 strands of yarn 60 ins [152 cm] long.
Knot one end and braid strands together. Knot other end. Starting at center front, thread Drawstring along neck edge.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow
- Leather Seat Cushion