We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This easy knit poncho pattern from Bernat Yarns is a great project for beginners. The triangular shape is stylish and the finish is soft and comfortable.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- Bernat® Soft Bouclé (140 g/5 oz)
- Sizes XS/M (L/2XL-3XL/5XL)
- 2 (2-3) balls
- Knitting Needles: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Optional: 50 ins [127 cm] length of ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon for Drawstring.
To fit bust measurement
- 28 - 38 ins [71 - 96.5 cm]
- 40 - 50" [101.5 - 127"]
- 52 - 62" [132 - 158"]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 17 ins [43 cm]
- L/2-XL 19¾" [50 "]
3-XL/5-XL 22½" [57 "]
GAUGE: 15 sts and 22 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
beg = Beginning.
K = Knit.
rep = Repeat.
RS = Right Side.
st(s) = Stitch(es).
WS = Wrong Side.
Cast on 46 (54-60) sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 51 (53-55) ins [129.5 (135.5-139.5) cm], ending a WS row.
Work 3 rows in garter st.
Cast off knitwise (WS).
To finish, sew cast on edge to side of Poncho (see Diagram).
Ribbon Drawstring: Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge.
Tie into a bow at center as shown in picture.
Optional: Yarn Drawstring: Cut 3 strands of yarn 60 ins [152 cm] long.
Knot one end and braid strands together. Knot other end. Starting at center front, thread Drawstring along neck edge.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hashtag Slouchy
- Dragon Wing Cowl
- A Quick Guide To Snap Fasteners For Clothing Or Bags
- Robot Valentine Tags And Bag Toppers
- Easy Valentine’s Day Fox Craft For Kids
- Valentine's Day Coloring Cards
- Conversation Marble Magnets
- Crochet Loafers
- Crochet House Slippers (one Hour Project)
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home