Spring Sampler Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern
This crochet sampler scarf is perfect for warmer weather!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Need a light and lacy crochet scarf for spring? This sampler infinity scarf crochet pattern features springy colors and openwork stitches for a wonderful springtime accessory. This is a wonderful beginner-friendly pattern. You need to know the basic crochet stitches, and once you do, you'll get to practice them with this pattern. Beginners and experienced crocheters alike will love this pattern! The textures as well as the ease with which you practice and execute the different stitches make this a fun pattern to work up and wear!
From the Designer: "Experiment with simple, openwork stitch combinations in this beginner-friendly infinity scarf."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge16 sts in pattern = 4” (10 cm). Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished SizeAdult: 5.5” (14 cm) width x 59” (150 cm) circumference.
- Miss Babs Yowza! Whatta Skein! (100% superwash Merino wool, 8 oz/227 g, 560 yd/512 m) – 1 skein in Violets in the Grass, or approximately 410 yds (375 m) in any medium weight yarn
- US H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
This project is part of our National Craft Month celebration, where a new project is released each day in March! View the entire selection of new projects: National Craft Month 2019
U.S. Pattern Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BL - back loop only
- cdc - crossed double crochet - Sk st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st.
- ch - chain
- dc - double crochet
- ea - each
- rep - repeat
- sc - single crochet
- sk - skip
- sl st - slip stitch
- sp - space
- st(s) - stitch(es)
- v-st - v-stitch - (Dc, ch 1, dc) in same st or sp.
- * Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
- () Repeat instructions between parentheses into same stitch or space.
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
Infinity Scarf Pattern
Crossed Double Crochet Section
Row 1: Turn, sk 3 ch (counts as dc), cdc to last st, dc in last st. (24 sts)
Row 2: Turn, ch 3 (counts as dc, here and throughout), cdc to last st, dc in last st.
Rows 3-4: Rep Row 2 twice.
Single Crochet Interlude
Row 5: Turn, ch 1, scBL in same st and ea st across.
Rows 6-8: Rep Row 5, 3 times.
Filet Crochet Section
Row 9: Turn, ch 3, dc in next st, [ch 1, sk 1, dc in next st] 5 times, [dc in next st, ch 1, sk 1] 5 times, dc in next 2 sts.
Rows 10-12: Rep Row 9, 3 times.
Single Crochet Interlude
Rows 13-16: Rep Row 5, 4 times.
Row 17: Turn, ch 3, [sk 1, v-st in next st, sk 1] 3 times, 2 dc in next st, ch 1, sk 2, 2 dc in next st, [sk 1, v-st in next st, sk 1] 3 times, dc in last st. (25 sts)
Row 18: Turn, ch 3, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch-1 sp, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, dc in last st. (24 sts)
Row 19: Turn, ch 3, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, (dc, ch 2, dc) in ch-2 sp, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, dc in last st.
Row 20: Turn, ch 3, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, 4 dc in ch-2 sp, [v-st in next ch-1 sp] 3 times, dc in last st.
Sampler Pattern Repeat
Rows 21-24: Rep Row 5, 4 times.
Rows 25-28: Rep Row 2, 4 times.
Rows 29-32: Rep Row 5, 4 times.
Rows 33-36: Rep Row 9, 4 times.
Rows 37-40: Rep Row 5, 4 times.
Rows 41-44: Rep Rows 17-20.
Rep Rows 21-44, 6 more times, or until scarf measures approximately 56.5” (143.5 cm), or until desired length is reached.
Rows 45-48: Rep Row 5, 4 times.
Turn, ch 1, *working along long edge, sc in side of ea sc and 2 sc in side of ea dc or ch 3 across, ch 1,** slstBL in unworked side of ea st along foundation row, ch 1, rep from * to **, join with sl st to last sc of Row 48. Fasten off with long yarn tail for sl st join.
Spray block if necessary. With crochet hook, seam short edges with slip stitch join. With yarn needle, weave in ends.
What are your favorite projects to crochet during spring?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Snuggle Up Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 29+ Free Crochet Scarf Patterns Using Bulky Yarn
- Cascading Potato Chip Scarf
- Boho Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Comfy Mochi Cowl
- Sea Foam Infinity Scarf
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Unforgettable One Skein Scarf
- 33 Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Moss Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Oasis Gloves
- Thieves Oil Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Make An Inspirational Quote Plaque Using Clay
- How To Make A Paper Pencil Box Easy?
- Diy Dice Bag
- Reliable Corporation
- Hoffman Fabrics
- Knitter's Pride
- How To Crochet A Little Witchy Tea Light
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home