Light Crochet Shoulder Shrug
A light crochet shoulder shrug is a great accessory in warmer months. Add to a dress for an easy transition into night. The shrug from Bernat Yarns is crocheted in a silky bamboo yarn, so it's soft and comfortable to wear. The openness of the shrug also makes this cute accessory very lightweight, so it's the perfect way to cover your shoulders if you're wearing a summer dress or tank top.
Just because it's warm doesn't mean you can't show off your favorite crochet projects! Keep cool with these 22 Summer Crochet Patterns! Bright and full of sunshine, these patterns are light and lacy and perfect for summer accessorizing!
- 4 balls Bernat Bamboo yarn in Corn
- 8 mm (U.S. L or 11) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 10 dc and 5 rows = 4 ins 10 cm.
- Ch 93.
- 1st row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. *Ch 1. Miss next ch. 1 dc in next ch. Rep from * to last ch. 1 dc in last ch. Turn. 91 sts.
- 2nd row: Ch 4. *1 dc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Rep from * to last 2 dc. Ch 1. Miss next dc. 1 dc in last dc. Turn.
- 3rd row: Ch 3. *1 dc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Rep from *, ending with 1 dc in last dc. Turn.
- Rep last 2 rows for 14 ins [35.5 cm], ending with a 2nd row.
- Fasten off.
- Beg at side edges, sew foundation ch and last row tog for 8 ins [20.5 cm] to form Sleeves.
- Edging: Join yarn to body opening at sleeve seam. Ch 1. 1 sc in each st around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
If you love this pattern, you're sure to love these other simple summery shawls:
- Soft Shoulder Shrug
- Shoulder Shrug Knitting Pattern
- Little Ballerina Shrug.
- Grace Kelly Bolero Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Coraline in Wine Country Crochet Shawl
- Goddess Shawl
- Elegant Crochet Flower Shawl
To make this free crochet pattern, we recommend the following materials. They are all available at a great discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet"
View our collection of 100s of free crochet patterns and crochet craft projects! You'll find everything from beautiful beginner crochet projects to crochet dishcloth patterns to crochet baby blankets. It's all here, just waiting for you to discover. Happy crocheting!
Sign Up for More Free Projects
There are no records