Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Mimic the look of the mistake rib knitting stitching pattern by combining stitches of different heights and working in the back loop with this free crochet hat pattern. When crocheted with wool, the Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat can accommodate a range of free hat pattern sizes. This warm and wonderful hat pattern makes a charming cap and will do its best to fight off the cold this winter. You could easily create this crocheted hat pattern in a variety of colors. The thick, cute, and universal look makes it an easy hat pattern to make for the whole family. If you wanted to spice this hat up a bit, you could add a crocheted flower to the brim or even sew on a patch from your favorite sports team.
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge20 sts x 17 rows in pattern = 4 (10 cm) in pattern, pinned flat but unblocked. For best fit, always check your gauge.
Finished SizeNewborn (3-12 month old, 1-2 year old, 3-5 year old, 6-10 year old, Teen/Adult small, Adult medium, Adult large). See notes for measurements.
- Molly Girl Yarn Chart Topper (100% superwash Merino wool, 3.5 oz/100 g, 220 yd/201 m) 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2) skeins in Chart Topper, or equivalent amount in any medium weight wool yarn. (I recently learned that Molly Girl discontinued the Chart Topper yarn. Her Rock Star yarn would be a great substitute.)
US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Crochet Hat Pattern Sizes
- Newborn: 10 (25.5 cm) hat circumference x 6 (15 cm) height.
- 3-12 month old: 12 (30.5 cm) hat circumference x 8.5 (21.5 cm) height.
- 1-2 year old: 12 (30.5 cm) hat circumference x 9 (23 cm) height.
- 3-5 year old: 12 (30.5 cm) hat circumference x 9.5 (24 cm) height.
- 6-10 year old: 13 (33 cm) hat circumference x 10 (25.5 cm) height.
- Teen/Adult small: 14 (35.5 cm) hat circumference x 10.25 (26 cm) height.
- Adult medium: 16 (40.5 cm) hat circumference x 10.75 (27 cm) height.
- Adult large: 18 (46 cm) hat circumference x 11 (28 cm) height.
This is a great unisex hat, and it's featured in our collection of 18 Free Crochet Hat Patterns For Men
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Give your crochet patterns a decadent look with this Cathedral Window Granny Square. This free crochet pattern makes a granny square… Continue reading: "Cathedral Window Granny Square"
Faux Mistake Rib Easy Crochet Hat
50+ Crochet Patterns & Beginner Help
Grey Slouchie Crochet Beanie Pattern
Blue Slouchie Beanie
A Chemo Cap to Crochet
Crochet Newsboy Hat Pattern
7 Free Chemo Hat Patterns
Great Gatsby Crochet Cloche Hat Pattern
31+ Cute Crochet Patterns for Babies
Crocheted Hats to Donate
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pocket Full of Rainbows
- Pocket Full of Sunshine
- Stingray Purse or Pal
- Upcycled Button Down Dress
- Fettucini Cat Dog Pet Bed
- Modern Granny Square Cowl
- Crochet Summer Top Pattern
- Team Pride Drink Cozy
- Blue Jeans Coffee Sleeve
- UV Protection Sun Umbrellas
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home