We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Spring is the perfect season to work on crochet blanket patterns, so be sure to make this afghan to celebrate the season. When you can't get outside, create your own Butterfly Wings Free Crochet Afghan Pattern. You'll feel the warmth of the sun and the softness of the wind, even when you're sitting on your own couch. The pink color is pretty and eye-catching, making it perfect for a nursery or living room. This easy crochet afghan pattern makes a great baby shower gift, especially if a little lady is on the way. This is also a great birthday gift idea for a little girl. No matter what, your hard work and creativity will not go unnoticed.
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
- RED HEART Super Saver (4 ply yarn): 5 skeins 0724 Baby Pink
- Crochet Hook: 5.0 mm (US H-8) crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Afghan Measures: 43” x 54”
Gauge: 4 rows – 2 ½”
Left Shell, Right Shell, sc, ch 2, sc – 3 ¾”
- Right Shell (RtSh) – (3 dc, ch 3, sc) in stitch or space as indicated.
- Left Shell (LtSh) – (sc, ch 3, 3 dc) in stitch or space as indicated.
- V Stitch (V St) – (dc, ch 1, dc) in stitch or space as indicated.
- 2 dc Cluster (2dcCl) - *yo, insert hook in ch 2 space indicated, yo and pull up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook, repeat from * once more, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- 3 dc Cluster (3dcCl) - *yo, insert hook in stitch or space indicated, yo and pull up aloop, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook, repeat from *twice, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
Note: Afghan is crocheted in multiples of 12 plus 4.
Row 1 (RS): Ch 136, sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2, skip next ch, sc in next ch, * skip 3 chs, RtSh in next ch, ch 2, skip next ch, LtSh in next ch, skip 3 chs, sc in next ch, ch 2, skip next ch, sc in next ch, repeat from * across, turn.
Row 2: Ch 4, dc in ch 2 space, ch 1, *skip next sc and 3 dc, sc in next ch, ch 2, 2dcCl in next ch 2 space, ch 2, skip next sc and next 2 chs, sc in next ch, ch 1, V St in next ch 2 space, ch 1, repeat from * across ending (dc, ch 1) in last ch 2 space, dc in last sc, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first dc, ch 2, skip next ch, sc in next dc, skip next ch 1 space, RtSh in next ch 2 space, ch 2, LtSh in next ch 2 space, sc in next ch 1 space, *ch 2, skip next ch 1 space, sc in next ch 1 space, RtSh in next ch 2 space, ch 2, LtSh in next ch 2 space, sc in next ch 1 space, repeat from * across to last space, ch 2, skip next ch, sc in next ch.
Continue pattern repeating Rows 2 and 3 for a total of 89 rows.
Round 1: With right side facing work along top edge (2 tr, ch 2, 2 tr) in right corner ch 2 space,
*ch 2, 3dcCl in ch 3 space, ch 2, 3dcCl in ch 2 space, ch 2, 3dcCl in ch 3 space, ch 2, 2 tr in ch 2 space, repeat from * across ending ch 2, (2 tr, ch 2, 2 tr) in last ch 2 space.
Work along side edge *ch 2, 3dcCl in dc space, ch 2, 3dcCl in ch 2 space, ch 2, 3dcCl in dc space, ch 2, 2 dc in dc space, repeat from * across.
Work along bottom edge ch 2, (2 tr, ch 2, 2 tr) in first corner ch 2 space, *ch 2, 3dcCl in ch before LtSh, ch 2, 3dcCl in ch 2 space, ch 2, 3dcCl in ch after RtSh, ch 2, 2 tr in ch 2 space, repeat from * across ending ch 2, (2 tr, ch 2, 2 tr) in last ch 2 space.
Work along side edge as for opposite side edge, join to beginning tr.
Round 2: Slip stitch in to ch 2 space, (sc, ch 3, dc) in same space, (sc, ch 3, dc) in each ch 2 space around entire afghan, join to beginning sc and fasten off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
Foolproof Afghan Pattern
Easter Sunday Afghan
Sweet Squares Adorable Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
The Coziest Crocheted Baby Blanket Ever
41 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
Pastel Peaks Crochet Baby Blanket
Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Patriotic Flag Coaster
- Warm Up Chunky Crochet Mittens
- Graduation Owl Gift Bags
- Salt Glitter Easter Egg Canvas Art
- Easy Peasy Crochet Fingerless Gloves
- Uchida Le Plume Permanent Marker Set
- Simple Crochet Flower Patterns
- DIY Wrap Skirt
- Pompom Bunny Welcome Sign
- How to Make an Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Recipe For Any Hair Type
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home