Jewels of the Desert Crocheted Dishcloth
This Jewels of the Desert Crocheted Dishcloth is a quick and easy crochet pattern that you can whip up in no time. Made using a variety of crochet stitches, this crocheted square can also be used to create afghans, blankets, and more. This is a great pattern for beginners and a fun way to use up an extra skein of yarn. Create a whole assortment of dishcloths or assemble these squares into a blanket to create a super cute afghan for a little girl or boy.
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
- US size G crochet hook
- 1 skein worsted weight cotton yarn, I used Lily Sugar n Cream
- Tapestry needle
Finished cloth measures approximately 9" x 9"
- Chain 34.
- Row 1: Sc in second chain from hook. Sc accross. Chain 3 and turn.
- Row 2: Dc in same stitch as the chain three made before the turn, *sk 2, 3 dc in next stitch. Repeat from * across until last stitch. end with 2 dc in last. Ch 3 and turn.
- Row 3: 3 dc in each space across ending with 1 dc in the top of the last double crochet from the previous row. Ch 1 and turn.
- Row 4: Hdc in each stitch across. Ch 1 and turn.
- Row 5: Hdc in each stitch across. Ch 3 and turn.
- Repeat rows 2 - 5 five more times. At the end of the last row of hdc ch 1 and turn. Sl st across and bind off. Weave in ends.