Removable Sewn Bowls Covers
In the winter, the best way to warm up is with a yummy bowl of soup. Save yourself from burnt fingers and create Removable Sewn Bowls Covers. Beginner sewing projects like this one help you learn and grow as a designer. This project doesn't require a ton of time, skill or expertise, making this ideal for busy crafters. This is also a great holiday gift ideas, so make a few and give them out during gift swaps and Secret Santa exchanges. Best of all, you can remove the fabric cover, so the bowls can go right in the dishwasher when your meal is over.
- Two 10 inch squares of coordinating 100% cotton fabrics
- Two 9″ squares of Soft & Toasty
- 100% cotton batting
- 100% cotton thread
- Sewing machine
- Fabric marker
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut out fabric and batting as directed above.
- Layer batting on top of each of the fabric squares wrong side. Mark, then Stitch an x and + through both the layers of the batting and the fabric. Repeat using the second piece of fabric and batting.
- Fold the stitched square in half and place a mark 1″ out from the centerfold along the top edge. Place a second mark 2 1/4 inches down the center stitching line. Draw a line connecting the two marks, creating a dart. Stitch along the marked line. Repeat marking and stitching, creating a total of four darts. Repeat to create darts using the second piece of stitched fabric.
- Trim away the bulk of the darts and press.
- With right sides together, stitch the two pieces of fabric together, leaving an opening along one edge. Trim corners and turn right side out. Press well.
- Hand stitch the opening closed. Top stitch around the Microwave Bowl Cover, sewing 1/2″ away from the outside edge to secure all layers of the fabric and the batting together.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Sewing"
Browse our collection of free sewing patterns! Here you'll find a little bit of everything, including beginner projects like how to sew a button. You can also discover advanced sewing tutorials, tips for fabric care, no sew patterns, and more!
Sign Up for More Free Projects