Sage One Skein Wrap
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to crochet a stunning wrap pattern with the Sage One Skein Wrap. Crochet this fabulous one skein wrap for you or a friend. The sage color is perfect for the summer months. A free crochet pattern like this one is great to have on hand in all your favorite colors.
This easy crochet wrap is perfect for beginners and also makes a great weekend project for those who are more advanced in their crochet skills. Take it to a play, wear it to the beach, or just cozy up with a cup of tea and a good book and let this one skein wrap add a fashionable and fun look to your wardrobe.
When the winter months come, having something cozy to curl up in can make you day just so much better. Be toasty and totally chic with crochet wrap patterns like this one. This gorgeous free crochet wrap pattern looks absolutely lovely in sage, but you could easily transform into a design featuring your favorite color, too.
Find more crochet clothes pattern on our list of 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern.
How to Make the Sage One Skein Wrap
- 1 skein Caron International One Pound (100% acrylic; 16 oz/454 g, 812 yds/742 m skein) yarn in Soft Sage
- US N-15 (10 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In pattern stitch, 1 pattern repeat = 2 1/2"/6.5 cm and 6 rows = 4"/10 cm.
Gauge is not critical for this project.
- Fsc: Foundation single crochet (This technique creates a foundation chain and a row of single crochet stitches in one) –
- Step 1: Place a slip knot on hook, ch 2, insert hook in second ch from hook and draw up a loop; yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the "chain"); yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (the "single crochet").
- Step 2: The following stitch is worked under the forward 2 loops of the stem of the previous stitch (into the "chain"). Insert hook into the face of the "chain" and under the nub at the back of the "chain", draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the "chain"), yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (the "single crochet"). Repeat for the length of foundation.
Wrap measures approximately 17"/43 cm wide x 60"/152.5 cm long.
If a wider wrap is desired, add 7 chains or Fsc for each additional repeat desired. For a narrower wrap, subtract 7 chains or Fsc for each repeat to be reduced.
- Note: The wrap can begin with a familiar foundation chain (ch 46) or with a row of foundation single crochet (Fsc).
- Beginning with foundation chain: Ch 49, (dc, ch 1, dc) in 4th ch from hook, then continue with Row 1.
- Beginning with row of foundation single crochet: Fsc 46, ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in first Fsc, then continue with Row 1.
- Row 1 (RS): Sk next 2 chs or sts, sc in next ch or st, *ch 3, sk next 3 chs or sts, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch or st (V-st made), sk next 2 chs or sts, sc in next ch or st; repeat from * across, turn—7 sc, 7 V-sts, and 7 ch-3 sps.
- Rows 2–90: Ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in first sc, *sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next sc; repeat from * across, sc in top of turning ch, turn.
- Row 91: Ch 1, work 1 sc in each sc, dc, and ch across, do not turn—46 sc.
Round 1: Working in ends of rows across side edge, *(sc, ch 1, sc) around turning ch of next row, ch 1, sk next sc row; repeat from * across side edge, sc in side of last row of side edge, ch 1; working along opposite side of first row (short edge), **sc in next ch or st, ch 1; repeat from ** across; work across opposite side edge in same manner as first side edge; work across sts of last row (Row 91) in same manner as opposite short edge; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
If you are new to crochet patterns or just need some tips and tricks, check out our selection of 50+ Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners. This collection includes baby blanket patterns, free scarf patterns, answers to your biggest crochet questions, and more!
More Cute Crochet Wrap Patterns:
If you loved this crochet wrap, you need to try these other patterns! From light and lacy spring shawls to cozy fall wraps, there is something here for every person and every season. You can also experiment with a variety of stiches when making these easy crochet projects. These gorgeous shawls, wraps, and capelets makes great Christmas and birthday gifts for your mother, daughter, or friend. What are you waiting for? Check out the patterns below and get started!
- Cozy Wrap Crochet Pattern
- Elegant Crochet Flower Shawl (pictured)
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- Coraline in the Wine Country Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Cabled Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Penelope's Lacy Wrap
- Glam Crochet Wrap
- Paper Dolls Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Penelope's Flirty Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Downton Abbey Shawl
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Instagram Cabinet
- Necktie DIY Picture Frame
- Dad's Favorite Leather Band
- Strawberry Crochet Amigurumi Bears
- Little Fox Crochet Mittens
- Nautical Father's Day Craft
- Washed Ashore Crochet Handbag
- Flip Flop Crochet Slippers
- Nautical DIY Organizer
- DIY Cranberry Coconut Oil