This Pottery Barn Wall Organizer is an easy and fun way to get the look you love for less. A hanging wall organizer like this is great for a kitchen or entryway. You can use it to organize mail, notes, or just have it on display for all to admire!
- Old bulletin board
- Picture frame (mine is 18×24 inch)
- Burlap cut to fit frame and enough to make pouch
- Super 77 or other mounting adhesive
- Empty carton (Starbucks Via box works well)
- Dowel rods
- Chrome or other metallic spray paint
- Stencils (I cut mine with Cricut)
- Black Paint marker or permanent marker like Sharpie
- Rubber stamp with handwriting (optional)
- Cut bulletin board to fit frame. I outlined the glass that was in the frame to use as a guide to cut the bulletin board to fit. I cut on the inside of the outline, taking into consideration the thickness of the burlap that I would be folding over the edges of the bulletin board later.
- Cut burlap to fit with 1/2 inch overlap on all sides.
- Spray Super 77 onto cork side of bulletin board, covering it completely, and immediately place the burlap on top, smoothing it down with your hand.
- Now place your stencils on the burlap and stencil away. I used vinyl stencils I cut with Cricut, which I love because the vinyl stays in place, even on burlap. I used a paint marker to fill in the stencil openings. I also used a rubber stamp and black ink pad to add old handwriting for the vintage postcard feel.
- Drill small holed in frame for dowel rods to sit in as shown.
- Cut your dowel rods to fit using a utility knife. Shave the ends to taper them like a pencil if need be to fit into the holes you drilled. Spray paint them your desired color. I used a chrome effect spray paint that I had on hand.
- To make the pouch, spray your empty carton with Super 77 and adhere burlap you have cut to fit. For the loop to attach the pouch to the dowel rod, fold over a rectangle scrap of burlap and spray the touching edges, then spray and adhere it to the back of the pouch.
- Grab some antique images, flowers, clothespins and dress up your new organizer.