100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
By: Melissa Conner, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get ready for summer with this epic collection of 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns. From tee shirts to picture frames, aprons to flip flops, these tie dye projects and techniques are great for crafters of all ages, and a great way to celebrate warm weather and sunshine! All of the tie dye designs before come with full how to tie dye tutorials that make the tie dye ideas presented easy peasy. Whether you want to make tie dye shirts or other tie dye project ideas, this list is sure to contain the project for you.
100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
Table of Contents
Gather up the kids and throw a tie dye party with this handy free printable PDF download. Discover kid-friendly tie dye techniques, tips, crafts and more. Help kids learn how to tie dye today with our brand new guide, How to Host a Tie Dye Party for Kids.
GET YOUR COPY NOW!
How To Get Started: Tie Dye Instructions
Before you begin your tie dye projects and patterns, you need to know how to tie dye. Check out our full and extensive list of tie dye instructions from prep work to washing your tie dye: How to Tie Dye: Step-by-Step Instructions from Folding to Washing.
Tee shirts are the most popular tie dye project, so we've collected all of our best tie dye shirt patterns right here. Great for men and women of all ages, these easy tie dye techniques are a fun way to show off your personality. Use them as jerseys, fun family reunion tees, or gather your best friends over for a fun night of tie dye. Learn how to tie dye a shirt and turn it into a fun activity with kids.
- Captain America Tee
- Desert Sunset Paradise Tee
- Shibori Chic Tie Dye Top
- Four Super Tie Dye Tees
- Purple Lightning Tie Dye
- Sweet Summer Shirts
- Tie Dye Creations
- Tie Dye Hurricane Tee
- Scribble Scrabble Tee Shirt
- Cobbled Bicolor Tee
- I Heart Tie Dye Tee
- Eco-Centric Tie Dye Shirt
- Double Rainbow Dazzle Top
- Graffiti Tee
- Rainbow Bright Tie Dye Shirt so colorful!
- Cotton Tie Dye Top
- Twist and Shout Camp Tee
- Starfire Explosion Tee Shirt
- Colorful Tie Dye Shirt
- Tie Dye Heart Pattern
- Dappled Heart Shirt
- Summer Twist Tee Shirt
- Striped Tie Dye Shirt
- Impatient Plaid Tie Dye Tee Shirt
- 3D Flower Top
- Cool and Easy Bleach Tie Dye Shirt have you seen this yet?!
- NEW! Twisty Tie Dye Shirt Design
- NEW! Rastaman Tie Dye Shirt Pattern
- NEW! Single Color Bullseye Tie Dye Shirt
- NEW! Simple Striped Tie Dye Shirt
- NEW! Rainbow Bright Tie Dye Shirt
- NEW! Gal-axy Tie Dye T-Shirt
For more tie dye techniques, instructions, designs, and projects, check out these free craft eBooks:
Who says tie dye techniques are just meant for clothing? These home decor crafts are all made using easy tie dye techniques and you won't believe what you can actually make. Beautiful curtains, pillows, frames, and more will help add a bright splash of color to any room in your home, and it's a great way to bring the colors of summer indoors for all to enjoy year round.
- Tropical Themed Tee Pee
- Tie Dye Tablecloth
- Tie Dyed Luminaries
- Fashion Shower Curtains
- Patriotic Tie Dye Picnic Set
- Summer Lovin' Pillow
- Tie Dye Embroidery
- Tie Dye Graduate Frames
- Quote Art Canvas
- Field of Fireworks Beach Towel
- Sunburst Blossom Pillow
- Faux Quilted Tie Dye Pillow
- NEW! No Sew Tie Dye Pillows
- NEW! Tie-Dye Tea Towels
- NEW! Tie Dye Dollar Store Flowers
- NEW! Pillowcase Tie Dye Project
- NEW! Stunning Shibori Tie Dye Napkins
Learn new and amazing tie dye ideas with from this collection, 50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye. If you're new to the world of tie dye techniques and patterns, never fear. This roundup features tie dye instructions and crafts you might not expect. These projects are perfect for summer, but if you're in the mood, bring the supplies inside and brighten your day no matter the season. In addition to tie dye designs, you'll find plenty of new tie dye techniques.
Great for grilling, cooking, cleaning, or crafting, these tie dye designs for aprons are sure to keep you nice and clean in style! Use your favorite tie dye techniques to create a fun-looking apron that's unlike anything else. These learn how to tie dye and use your new skills to make great gifts and housewarming presents. Tie dye techniques like these are fun for the whole family to make together.
Great for kids and adults of all ages, this collection of 23 Cool Tie Dye Ideas is a great group of projects to have on hand for summer and back-to-school crafting. Add bright colors to tights, scarves, cowls, and so much more! There are also great tie dye shirt patterns for you to enjoy. We promise that once you learn how to how to make tie dye shirts and other wearables on your own, you'll never want to buy one ever again.
Sundresses are so fun and comfortable to wear in the warm weather. Don't limit yourself to solid colored wearables, though - create your very own colorful and fun sundresses with these dress and skirt tie dye techniques. Great for adding a splash of color to your wardrobe, these simple tie dye patterns are perfect for those hot summer days. Check out our list of tie dye techniques to find the best style for you.
- Pink Berries Skirt
- Revamped Tie Dye Dress
- Tie Dye Popsicle Dress
- Striped Sundress
- Animal Print Tie Dye Dress
- Light Pink Tie Dye Dress
- Tie Dye Design Dress With Embellished Brooch
Learn how to make a tie dye shirt and or sweater that everyone will want to wear. Hoodies, cardigans, and formal tops can all blossom with color with these fun and easy tie dye techniques and patterns. Browse through our tie dye techniques to find a style that suits you best and then get ready to reinvent your wardrobe!
- Tie Dye Tee Shirt and Sweatshirt
- Light and Bright Tie Dye Shirt
- Bubblegum Top
- Cute Green Tie Dye Top
- Faux Lace Tie Dye Hoodie
- American Flag Tie Dye Design
- Rainbow Bright Tie Dye Shirt
- 10 Minute Tie Dye Shirt Design so freaking easy!
- NEW! DIY Tie Dye Hoodie - video tutorial!
- NEW! Paris Love Tie-Dye Shirt
- NEW! Pink Butterfly DIY Tie-Dye Shirt
Take those simple white onesies to a whole new level with these adorable tie dye patterns and projects for babies and children. Kids will love showing off tie dye shirt patterns and clothing that they made using the simple tie dye techniques you can find in this collection. Tie dye is also a great activity for kids birthday parties, youth groups, and family get-togethers. Have little ones bring their own white tee shirt and help them create a look all their own. Simply master the tie dye techniques needed for these projects and you'll be set.
- Funky Baby Onesie
- Amethyst Purple Dyed Dress
- Tie Dye Baby Onesie and Skirt
- Pink Baby Onesie
- Summer Tie Dye Outfit
- NEW! Tie Dye Scarves for Kids
- NEW! Little Girl's Ombre Homemade Tie Dye Shirt
- NEW! Bleach Stripes Tie Dye T-shirt - video tutorial!
- NEW! Tie Dye Onesie Design - video tutorial!
Now that you know some new tie dye techniques, it's time to take advantage of some really great products. Once you learn how to tie dye ribbon, you can use your skills and learn how to tie dye shirts and other items of clothing. There's no need for tons of expensive supplies when you have this great tutorial to inspire your tie dye craft projects.
These tie dye designs are great for the summer. From fun friendship bracelets to cute tie dye flip flops that you can easily match your bathing suit, these tie dye instructions are great for kids and adults of all ages. You can use any tie-dyeing techniques you'd like to create these patterns. Try out new and different tie dye techniques for fun and creative looks to your summer accessories.
- How to Tie Dye Your Hair
- Tie Dye Friendship Bracelets
- No Sew Hand Warmers
- Fun Tie Dye Flip Flops
- Groovy Tie Dye Socks
- Tie Dye Dog Bandana
- Tie Dyed Ribbon
- NEW! Unforgettable Tie Dye Scarf
These tie dye techniques for bags and totes are great projects for kids to work on with their friends. From fun sleepover totes to cute lunch bags, kids will love creating their own bags and totes and will want to show them off to their friends. These tote bags are easy and fun, so they're great for beginners or groups of kids with a wide age range.
- Tie Dye Lunch Bags
- Sunburst Tie Dye Tote
- Girl Stuff Tie Dye Tote
- Boys Stuff Bag
- NEW! Easy Tie Dye Owl Bag
- NEW! Dip Dyed Canvas Tote - video tutorial!
- NEW! Earth Day Tie Dye Tote
Forget anything you thought you knew about tie dye shirt patterns - it's time to learn how to tie dye a shirt that's unlike anything else. Discover why this craft is so popular - all you need is this roundup of tie dye ideas. Check out How to Make Tie Dye Shirts: 26 DIY Ideas and get inspired to create. The whole family can work on these tie dye designs, so it's a bonding tool.
Looking for tie-dye techniques that are unique and different? Check out this grouping of random yet awesome tie dye patterns. From beautiful paper flowers to Peep Pillows that are perfect for Easter, these tie dye project ideas are sure to inspire your creativity...and might even motivate you to try something new!
- Tie Dye Easter Peeps
- Tie Dye Paper Towels
- Tie Dye Roses
- Tie Dye Earth Day Eggs
- Tie Dye Gift Tags
- Tissue Paper Tie Dye Project
- Tie Dye Beach Cover Up
- NEW! How to Tie Dye a Beach Towel - video tutorial
- NEW! Quirky Tie Dye Bracelet - video tutorial
- NEW! Dipped Shorts Tie Dye Technique - video tutorial
- NEW! Watermelon Tie Dye Design - video tutorial
Use tie-dye techniques to design a cute bracelet in just minutes. This kid-friendly craft is a fun after-school activity or weekend boredom buster.
There are so many cool tie dye techniques to learn! With some unique tie dye folding techniques, you can create really neat tie dye patterns that look professionally made. These can be used on any material, but work really well on clothing, such as tee shirts, or large pieces of fabric, like pillow cases, towels, and blankets.
- Ombre Tie Dye Techique
- Folding Tie Dye Technique
- Sunburst Technique
- Salt Resistant Tie Dye Technique
- Gradation Tie Dye Technique
- Painting Tie Dye Technique
- Resist and Drape Tie Dye Technique
- Sponge Technique
- Batik Tie Dye Technique
- Bullseye Tie Dye Technique
- Crumble Tie Dye Technique
- Heart Tie Dye Technique
- Stripe Tie Dye Technique
- Splatter Technique
- Swirl Tie Die Technique
- NEW! Simple Vibrant Tie Dye Design
- NEW! How to Batik
- NEW! Spider Tie Dye Design
Use traditional tie dye techniques to turn a boring pair of shorts into a cool wearable piece of art. Create the clusters using rubber bands and red dye - it takes less time than a trip to the mall.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Use Tulip One Step Fashion Dye
- Tie Dye Scarves for Kids
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- Heart Tie Dye Technique
- Swirl Tie Dye Technique
- Salt Resist Tie Dye Technique
- Bullseye Tie Dye Technique
- 50 Tie Dye Craft Projects and How to Tie Dye
- How to Tie Dye: Step-by-Step Instructions from Folding to Washing
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shrink Plastic Animal Keyholders
- Easy Princess Dress Pattern
- Sweet Chick Cup Cozy
- DIY Paper Star Decorations
- 4th of July Firecracker Treats
- DIY 4th of July Favors
- Baby Jacket/Cardigan
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Baby Shower Photo Cube Light
- Long Eared Bunny Basket