Cobbled Bicolor Tie Dye Tee
If you think all tie dye techniques are the same, think again. Make tie dye shirts like this Cobbled Bicolor Tie Dye Tee from I Love to Create for a new spin on a classic dying method that will result in a fascinating spotted pattern like a cobblestone path.
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ - Rainbow
- White T-shirt – 100% cotton
- (2) Foam plates
- Craft sponge
- Plastic tablecloth
Find this project and many more in our free eBook, How to Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor, and More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns!
- Prewash T-shirt; do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth and place damp shirt flat on prepared work surface.
- Wearing plastic gloves from kit, add water to Red and Purple dye bottles and shake until thoroughly mixed. Squeeze each color of dye onto a separate foam plate.
- Dampen sponge then dip into Purple dye and press onto top of shirt. Continue process along top of shirt as shown.
- Clean sponge and repeat on entire bottom of shirt.
- Cover shirt with plastic tablecloth and let set 6-8 hours or longer for most intense colors.
- Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear, then wash in a large load of hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately.
Read Next100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques