Unforgettable Tie Dye Scarf
Take a little bit of rainbow wherever you may go with this Unforgettable Tie Dye Scarf. These fold and clamp tie dye instructions are easy as pie and produce great results. This beautiful and unique scarf will instantly add some cheer to even the most ordinary outfit. Throw a tie dye party and get your friends in on the fun. These scarves are great in any season - no snow required. Roll up your sleeves and dive into this Unforgettable Tie Dye Scarf with this fun tie dye technique.
- Mixed soda ash solution
- C clamps
- Plastic table cover
- Wash scarf and leave damp. Soak in mixed soda ash solution according to package directions.
- Wring out excess soda ash solution and lay out scarf flat on covered work surface. Smooth out any wrinkles.
- Accordion fold scarf lengthwise in even folds to create one long rectangle.
- Starting at short end of folded rectangle, accordion fold scarf evenly into a square.
- Lay square bundle on top of board, making sure it is centered, with even amounts of fabric hanging over on each side.
- Lay second board on top of bundle, making sure boards are centered. Secure on each end with a C clamp. Lay clamped bundle on covered work surface.
- Mix dyes according to package directions. Any color or combination of colors can be used.
- Apply one dye color to each edge of clamped bundle, making sure to saturate fabric and get dye into the folds.
- Cover bundle with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
- Remove clamps and rinse scarf under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry scarf as recommended in package instructions.
Read Next6 Shibori Tie Dye Techniques