Summer Twist Tee-Shirt
Splash into summer with this unique tie dye design from I Love to Create. Create a bright and fun pattern perfect for the season. It's the perfect idea for tie dying with kids.
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™
- Tulip® Craft Gloves™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Rubber bands
- Paper towels
- T-shirt, 100% cotton white
- Prewash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Cover work surface with Tulip Surface Cover. Lay damp T-shirt on prepared surface.
- Wearing plastic gloves, add water to Blue, Purple and Red Dye bottles. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Decide where on shirt you would like swirl design to start, pinch fabric at this point. Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
- Bind with 3 rubber bands, creating 6 wedge shapes.
- Place tee on paper towel (this will absorb excess dye).
- Apply dye on wedges using all 3 colors. Flip shirt onto a clean paper towel and repeat on other side.
- Cover fabric with a Surface Cover. Let sit 6-8 hours or longer for most intense colors. Fully rinse T-shirt in warm water until all extra dye is removed and water runs clear, removing rubber bands. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for T-shirt fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash separately the first few washes. Dry in dryer.
Read NextBeginner Crochet Poncho Dress