How to Batik
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Learn how to enhance your cotton garments with batik (resist dye technique). All it takes is some batik wax, cantik, batik dye and some imagination."
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Batik wax
- Batik dye
- Cantik (Indonesian batik tool to hold the wax) but you can use a straw or pipette, or even a spoon.
- Paint brush
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- How to Tie Dye Instructions: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- How to Tie Dye a Shirt with Food Coloring
- Bullseye Tie Dye Technique
- Crumple Tie Dye Technique
- Swirl Tie Dye Technique
- How to Remove Tie Dye from Skin
- Salt Resist Tie Dye Technique
- How to Wash Tie Dye Shirts and Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Freestyle Die Cutting Machine
- How to Make Bow Scrunchies
- 5 Free Loom Knitting Slipper Patterns
- How to Estimate Length of Macrame Cord Needed
- 14 Gorgeous Day of the Dead Crafts
- Denim Cables Floor Pillow
- Litus Beach Bag
- Natare Top
- Autumn Leaves Shawl
- Top Down Summer Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home