25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
If you're interested in making crafts with plastic bottles step by step, this is the collection you need.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Water bottle crafts are excellent for recycled crafting. There are so many ideas for crafts made from recycled items, it's sometimes hard to decide which ones to try. We've rounded up 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts that are so fashionable, handy and fun, you'd never guess they're plastic bottle crafts!
From trendy water bottle bracelets to bottle cap wall art, this collection offers ideas for recycled bottles that you can use in your everyday life. So if you're going green and want suggestions for bottle cap crafts, take a look at these easy projects, empty your recycling bin, and get to work on one of these eco-friendly projects!
If you love these projects, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get amazing craft projects like these delivered to your inbox every day!
To get things started, here's a fun way to reuse an old water bottle: kids and adults alike will love this DIY Bubble Machine, and you won't believe how easy it is to make! With only a few easy-to-find materials, you can transform an old bottle into a fun thrifty toy that's great for pool parties and bath time!
PLUS: One of our favorite plastic bottle crafts for kids is this timeout jar project. Check out our video tutorial below to learn how to make a "time out jar" for kids using an old water bottle!
Table of Contents
From simple organizers to beautiful pieces of jewelry, the projects in our free eBook Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts will leave you inspired to find more new ways to use everything in your home. In addition to water bottle projects, you'll find ways to use scrap fabric, Mason jars and more. These projects will help you save money and reuse items you already have. Get the collection: "Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts" Free eBook
Jewelry Crafts with Water Bottles
- Faux Felted Water Bottle Bracelets
These funky, colorful bracelets are a fun way to spice up your wardrobe with wearable water bottle recycling crafts. We love how the felt adds an element of softness and disguises the plastic.
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
Who says you can't be fashionable and eco-friendly? These Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets look like something you might find at your favorite accessories store, but they're really recycled bottle crafts that you can easily make at home!
- Water Bottle Jewelry
Learn how to turn old plastic bottles into trendy accessories with this Water Bottle Jewelry tutorial. From floral necklaces to dainty daisy bracelets, get creative and fill up your jewelry box with these adorable water bottle projects!
- Plastic Water Bottle Pendant and Necklace Video
Prepare to be amazed by this tutorial. Watch the video to find out how to make one-of-a-kind jewelry that you can wear every day, including a plastic water bottle pendant and a necklace made from recycled bottles.
- Blue Bling Water Bottle Earrings
Get inspired by everyday objects. Blue Bling Water Bottle Earrings can be created by combining a plastic blue drink bottle and copper enamel ink. Everyone will be shocked when they find out these earrings are repurposed from a water bottle!
- Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet
Go green and celebrate the Fourth of July with recycled crafts! Make a Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet using an empty bottle and red, white and blue buttons. Wear it on the nation's birthday to show your patriotic spirit.
- Water Bottle and Paper Bangles
Rock an earth-friendly, fashionable look with Water Bottle and Paper Bangles. For this recycled craft project, you'll need metallic foil tape, scrapbook paper and empty plastic bottles. Customize each piece to create the perfect look.
Plastic Bottle Crafts to Help You Organize
- Water Bottle Supply Organizer Recycled Craft
One of our favorite easy to make water bottle crafts is this handy organizer. Get your craft room in order with this clever storage solution, made from recyclable materials!
- Water Bottle Storage
Never pay for plastic storage containers again! These instructions will have you organized in no time!
- Upcycled Containers
Recycled crafts can be useful and cute, all at the same time! You'll love to display these adorable upcycled containers, decorated with colorful scrapbook paper.
- Plastic Bottle Bathroom Storage
Transform an old plastic bottle, either a water bottle or even a shampoo bottle, into this convenient bathroom storage idea.
- Secretly Cheap DIY Flower Vase
Reader Favorite! Check out this plastic bottle craft to learn how to make a DIY vase that looks like a million bucks.
- Recycled Bottle Organizers
This easy project will take you just a couple minutes to create and it's a great storage solution for those little odds and ends on your desk! A bit of washi tape is all you need to decorate them.
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
Use an empty plastic bottle to create a charging station! By creating a small container you can plop your phone in while it charges, you'll save space and it'll be so convenient!
- Dollar Store DIY Desk Organizers
Select colorful water bottles or even a different type of plastic bottle to make these bright desk organizers! Use them for your office or put them in the bathroom as another storage option.
Plastic Water Bottle Decoration Ideas
- Plastic Bottle Lid Art
For a fun and inexpensive way to decorate your home, you might want to consider this artistic project. Your friends will be amazed that you created this contemporary wall hanging using recycled materials!
- 3 D Canvas with Silk Flowers
Instead of tossing that Ice Mountain bottle, why not incorporate it into your next piece of art? Bring your painting to life using recycled plastic crafts. We love how the water bottle vase makes the painting 3-D!
- Adorable Clay Pig
Upcycled crafts don't get any cuter than this! The best part about this home decor piece is that no one would ever guess that the pig's body is made from a recycled plastic bottle!
- Water Bottle Room Divider
Add depth and dimension to any room with a Water Bottle Room Divider. This craft is extremely inexpensive to make and looks store-bought.
- Soda Bottle Chandelier Plastic Bottle Craft
Here's a great way to reuse all those water bottles that you have collecting in your recycle bin. With some simple supplies and a little patience, you can create this Soda Bottle Chandelier, perfect for displaying in your craft room or a playroom. You can use different colored bottles or lights to create a unique effect, and kids will love helping you create this amazing and artistic project!
- Tea Jug Poinsettia Ornament
Turn a plastic bottle into a beautiful flower! This poinsettia is made by shaping a plastic tea jug into the beautiful petals and painting them.
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
These gorgeous planters hang in the branches of your trees outside for a surprising summertime ornament! Use colorful string to really make them pop.
- Fairy Light Recycled Craft
This super cute craft is wonderful for those who love fairy gardens! With a bit of paint and a little LED tealight, this cute recycled craft will add a bit of whimsy to your interior decor!
Once you've used your plastic bottles for a project or two, use the caps to make even more DIY crafts. These 8 bottle cap crafts are cute, simple, and great short-term projects to make in an afternoon. Get the collection:
Fun Ways for Reusing Water Bottles
- Dog Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
Turn a water bottle into this cute Dog Bottle Bank. Save some green with this simple green crafting project!
- Cat Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
Since you can never have enough easy craft ideas, why not make a purrfect companion for your Dog Bottle Bank with this feline version? These recycled plastic crafts also make great gifts for any animal lover in your life.
- Bottle Cap Snake Toy
Looking for fun bottle caps crafts that you can make with your kids? This wiggly Bottle Cap Snake Toy is a great craft for little boys, plus it puts all of those used water bottle tops to good use! If you're wondering what things to make with the kids, this is a great project.
- Recycled Tic Tac Toe Game
It's easier than you think to make your own board game out of recycled materials. This Tic Tac Toe game is one of our favorite crafts using bottle caps because it's something the whole family can enjoy!
- Plastic Bottle Robot
Create your own eco-friendly robot! To make your own Plastic Bottle Robot, try a new technique and distress the bottle with acrylic paint. This gives the piece a very industrial-look edge. Watch your robot come to life!
More Water Bottle Craft Ideas (from our readers)
- Cut the bottoms off of bottles that have 5 or 6 bumps on the bottom and paint them to look like snowflakes.
- Use the 5-6 bump bottle bottoms to store small items, like jewelry and beads.
- Cut the top off of liter bottles and use them as greenhouses by placing them over sprouting seedlings.
- Use them to make birdfeeders.
- Cut the bottoms off of water bottles and dip the bottle into soapy water. Blow through the hole where you would drink the water to create your own bubble blower!
- Turn water bottles into a piggy bank. Cut a small slit in the top to place the coins and simply unscrew the top to remove the change inside.
- Make your own lava lamps! Fill the water bottle about ¾ full with vegetable oil then add water. Add 10 drops of food coloring. Break an Alka-Seltzer tab into four pieces and drop one in at a time and wait for each to dissolve.
- Decoupage some tissue paper on water bottles to create luminaries! You can cut the top or bottom of the bottle off and put a fake tealight inside for great outdoor décor for all kinds of parties.
- Fill empty bottles with sand and place them in your knee high boots to keep them from falling over in your closet! This is a great way to prevent creases from forming in your shoes.
- Make your own I Spy game by filling an empty bottle with rice, beads, buttons, small toys, and more. Shake the bottle and see how many things you can find in five minutes! This is a great game for road trips.
- Use empty water bottles to store all your beads. This is storage and decoration all in one, since the colors of the beads shows through the plastic bottles. Group your beads by color and arrange on a shelf for practical and decorative storage!
Don't forget about toilet paper rolls! With this collection you're sure to find something fun and decorative to do with those cardboard tubes. Toilet paper roll crafts are a fun and easy way to make all kinds of projects. From homemade wall decor to pretty decorative designs, you'll never run out of ways to craft with toilet paper rolls. Luckily, you'll always need toilet paper rolls, so the crafting possibilities are truly endless. Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 23 Crochet Shawl Patterns and Wraps
- 14 Craft Ideas to Combat Anxiety
- Intricate Fall Wreath Adult Coloring Page
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 33 Succulent Crafts: Pretty Planters and Terrariums
- 7 Sunflower Coloring Pages for Adults
- Pumpkin Button Wall Art
- Moss Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Cities Circle Crochet Bag
- Country Crochet Pumpkins
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home