Recycle bins and containers for a fun, thrifty craft project that doubles as organization! These upcycled containers are decoupaged with scrap paper and then put to use!
- Scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge
- Credit Card
- Old Containers
- Cut a piece of scrap book paper to size of the container to cover.
- Slap the MP onto the can.
- Add scrapbook paper.
- Smooth it out with a credit card.
- These little containers can pose a little challenge because the top is larger than the bottom. I started off the same way as coffee can, but had to rip the paper up the sides to get them to lay smooth.
- Continue to rip, MP and smooth the paper downward toward bottom of containers to prevent bubbles.
- The white bit at the top was not very pleasing (especially with the expiry date stamped on there)… so a little grosgrain ribbon solved that.
The possibilities are endless when you craft using recycled materials. Use this list of 14 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts as inspiration and then dream up some upcycled projects of your own!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Green Crafting"
Find hundreds of eco-friendly recycled craft projects and step-by-step tutorials. Browse inspirational ideas for recycled crafts all year long! You'll find projects made from recycled jeans, tin cans, CDs, wine bottles, mason jars, and more. We also have recycled Christmas crafts, Easter crafts, and thrifty projects for any occasion.
Love these projects? Subscribe to our newsletter Trash to Treasure.