Upcycle Thrift Store Plates
Turn cheap plates into stunning serving dishes with the Upcycle Thrift Store Plates tutorial. All you need for this craft is the plates and some paint -- nothing else! This is a cheap, fun craft, and it is so quick and easy to make for a dinner party you are hosting tomorrow. You could even create this craft as a gift for a house warming party or Christmas gift and no one will even know that you did it yourself. Do not drop extensive amounts of money on serving dishes again with this free painting craft tutorial.
- Earth Safe Finishes™ Opaque Shimmer – Emerald, Magenta, Sapphire
- Earth Safe Finishes™ Chalk it Up - Black
- Clear Glass Plate
- Paintbrushes - Black Silver by Dynasty Series 4910ST One Stroke Size 1
- Apply shimmers to the back side of the plate, in a random order, let dry; repeat with second coat if needed to get complete coverage; let dry.
- Paint over shimmers with black chalk paint, let dry.
- Don’t be alarmed if the first coat looks like it will not cover, the shimmers work on every surface, it may take a couple coats.
- Let dry completely between coats for best results.
- Earth Safe Finishes products are all soap and water cleanup.
Make every day Earth Day with our free printable eBook, Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials. Discover ways to reuse materials such as wood, fabric and even popsicle sticks. Get your copy now.
Read NextRecycled Arum Lily