Mini Bottle Cap Birdcage
Use caps from plastic bottle to create your own miniature bird cage from Linda Peterson! Who knew plastic bottle cap crafts could be so dainty? Hang a Mini Bottle Cap Bird Cage from your rearview mirror to add a little fun to your daily commute.
- 20 gauge annealed steel wire (from hardware store)
- 26 gauge wire black
- Wooden block
- Permanent marker – black
- Needle tool or nail
- Wire cutters
- Miscellaneous beads and broken jewelry bits
- Bird charm
- Duct tape
- Glitter glue
- Color bottle cap black with permanent marker. Punch eight holes with a hammer and needle tool, evenly spaced into bottle cap. Start with 12 o’clock position, then punch a hole directly opposite at 6, 3 and 9 then 2, 4, 8 and 10. Use a wooden block to protect your work surfaces.
- Cut 4 pieces of annealed wire approximately 2-1/2” to 3” long. Bend into a U shape.
- At the 12 o’clock position insert the end of the wire. Bend end of wire under bottle cap. Place opposite end into the 6 o’clock position and bend wire to secure. Repeat this with remaining wires.
- Cut a piece of 26 gauge black wire to 4”. Wrap around top, securing the wires at the top. Add floral moss and flower, beads, charms and additional wire embellishments as desired.
For a step-by-step photo tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Bottlecap Birdcage Ornament.
Read NextMesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 07, 2016
Very cute project! I will try to make these myself when I locate some bottle caps. Just one thing, the article says it's about plastic bottle caps. However, the instructions are for a metal cap! Oops. I still understand how to proceed, though. Larger sized pictures would be nice too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use