Mini Bottle Cap Birdcage
Use caps from plastic bottle to create your own miniature bird cage from Linda Peterson! Who knew plastic bottle cap crafts could be so dainty? Hang a Mini Bottle Cap Bird Cage from your rearview mirror to add a little fun to your daily commute.
- 20 gauge annealed steel wire (from hardware store)
- 26 gauge wire black
- Wooden block
- Permanent marker – black
- Needle tool or nail
- Wire cutters
- Miscellaneous beads and broken jewelry bits
- Bird charm
- Duct tape
- Glitter glue
- Color bottle cap black with permanent marker. Punch eight holes with a hammer and needle tool, evenly spaced into bottle cap. Start with 12 o’clock position, then punch a hole directly opposite at 6, 3 and 9 then 2, 4, 8 and 10. Use a wooden block to protect your work surfaces.
- Cut 4 pieces of annealed wire approximately 2-1/2” to 3” long. Bend into a U shape.
- At the 12 o’clock position insert the end of the wire. Bend end of wire under bottle cap. Place opposite end into the 6 o’clock position and bend wire to secure. Repeat this with remaining wires.
- Cut a piece of 26 gauge black wire to 4”. Wrap around top, securing the wires at the top. Add floral moss and flower, beads, charms and additional wire embellishments as desired.
For a step-by-step photo tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Bottlecap Birdcage Ornament.