Faux Felted Water Bottle Bracelets
Go green with this recycled craft ideas. Faux Felted Water Bottle Bracelets from Heidi Borchers are a fun and sophisticated way to reuse old plastic water bottles.
- Plastic Water Bottle
- Masking tape (tape width determines width of bracelet)
- Double sided tape
- Glue (I used Aleene’s No Sew Glue)
- Craft knife
- To create bracelets, place the masking tape onto the plastic water bottle, evenly and straight with a small space in between each.
- Using a craft knife, cut each bracelet apart in the open space area.
- Trim edges to the tape edge. The tape is the guide to the bracelet.
- Carefully remove the masking tape. Note: the tape can be reused if removed carefully.
- Place the double sided tape onto the plastic bracelet.
- Cut pieces of various sizes of two colors of felt. Each piece should be about 1/2” wider than bracelet width size. Pull tape off in a small area at a time. Place each precut piece of felt into the tape area, centering felt with about 1/4” over each edge.
- Using scissors trim the excess felt on edges of the bracelet. Cut along opposite edge.
- To make the flowers, cut small strips of felt 1/4” wide. The length of this strip will determine the size of the flower. For flowers shown I used approx. 8”. Place a small amount of glue on the end, and begin to roll this strip. Add small amounts of glue as you roll. When completely rolled, place glue on the end of the strip of felt to end flower.
- Using a toothpick, create an indentation in the center of the rolled felt flower. Place small amount of glue into the area and place small bead into the glue. Let glue dry. Glue flower onto prepared bracelet.
- Repeat to create additional flowers.
Looking for more cute water bottle bracelets to add to your jewelry box? Check out our collection of 14 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts!
Read NextPink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets