Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet
Go green with red, white, and blue this Fourth of July! Use these plastic bottle crafts to celebrate the nation’s birth while still being eco-friendly. You can make a Patriotic Water Bottle Bracelet from Heidi Borchers using an empty plastic water bottle, embroidery thread, and some red, white, and blue buttons. Follow the easy tutorial to get the step-by-step instructions. Wear this patriotic craft on Independence Day to celebrate the U.S.A. Your friends will never be able to guess what your fashionable bracelet is made of!
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Plastic water bottle (smooth sided)
- Embroidery floss – 1 skein each color
- Craft knife
- Hole punch (small)
- Darning needle
- Working approximately 1″ up from bottom of bottle, apply Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape around bottle.
- Space tape approximately 1/4″ apart on bottle.
- Using craft knife, carefully punch into side of bottle and cut along tape line approximately 3″.
- Use scissors to cut out bracelets.
- Punch holes in bracelet using largest button as measurement for spacing.
- To apply floss, peel back liner paper approximately 1″ at a time and wrap floss around and around. To keep floss from knotting, leave wrappers on skein and only pull out a small length at a time. Wrap entire bracelet. Use Aleene’s Tacky Glue to glue ends of floss to inside of bracelet. Stack buttons and stitch through holes on bracelet.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Friendship Floss Water Bottle Bracelets and How to Embellish a Floss Bracelet with Buttons.
For more incredibly easy Independence Day projects, take a look at these amazing 16 Free July 4th Crafts.
Read NextFourth of July Mad Lib PDF