Cat Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft
Learn how to recycle a plastic bottle into this purrfect Cat Bottle Bank Water Bottle Craft. The best way to teach about the earth is through recycled crafts for kids. Young people will love making their own cute feline and will want to put it on display as soon as possible. If you're looking for craft ideas for kids and don't know how to get started, this is a great beginner project. Save up your plastic water bottles or dip into the nearest recycle bin for supplies. Since you're using discards, you don't have to spend a ton of money on craft supplies. In the end, kids will love saving their loose change in their own homemade bank.
If you're looking for a companion for your cute homemade doggie bank? There's a feline version available in our collection of 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts. You'll also find a ton of recycled craft ideas for you to try out at home.
- Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
- Chalk pencil
- Pom poms: 1” grey, 1/2” black
- Clear plastic 1 liter bottle
- Wood ball, 2-1/2” diam. for cat head
- Grey felt
- Craft knife
- 1/2" flat brush
- Cut a 1/4” x 1-1/2” slot at back edge of plastic bottle.
- For the head, paint grey on the wood ball with 1/2” flat brush. Let dry.
- Glue the heads to the top of the bottles. Let dry.
- Using chalk pencil, trace patterns onto grey felt. Cut out all pieces. Glue into place.
- Glue on eyes. Glue on grey pom poms, use black for nose. Glue on ribbon trim. Let dry.
Gather up your kids and start working on these recycled craft ideas. The family-friendly projects feature in 53 Recycle Crafts for Kids will keep your kids busy and teach them the importance of earth-friendly crafting. Save your discards and use them to create all kinds of cool craft projects.
Read Next54 Recycled Crafts for Kids