27 Hygge Crafts
DIY hygge decor and cozy hygge patterns will be your newest obsession. It's ours.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
What is hygge? Where to begin!
It is a lifestyle, a hug, a cup of tea while snuggling under your favorite afghan.
Hygge (pronounced hue-gah) is the Danish lifestyle of cozy contentedness while enjoying the simple things in life. This may include a cup of hot cocoa on a snowy day, those favorite homemade slippers on your feet, a thick and cozy shawl wrapped tight around the shoulders. It includes candles, fireplaces, window seats, pillows. It is comfort and familiarity. It is togetherness with loved ones. Despite their famously terrible winters, Denmark is considered one of the happiest countries due to this lifestyle.
We can all learn how to hygge a bit more in our own day-to-day lives. Create your very own hygge home. During the cooler months, warm up with hygge crafts.
Table of Contents
Hygge Knitting Patterns
- Polar Bears and Pine Knit Sweater Pattern
Dive right in with this stunning knitting pattern! If you're looking to spend a ton of time in front of the fire, there is no better pattern to keep you occupied. This is a challenging project but the results are incredible, making this a sweater to pass down for generations.
- Giant Yarn Plush Knit Bag
Maybe you're looking for a pattern you can work up more quickly than an intricate sweater. Make a cozy plush bag! This pattern is worked up with deliciously chunky yarn for a quick project you'll love to put your hands on.
- Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
Speaking of quick projects, is there anything more exciting than the idea of working up a knit afghan in a day? It's possible with this cozy project!
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
If you love the look of basketweave knitting, check out this take on this stitch design. The stitches are so vivid because of the large needles and yarn used!
Find more fabulous knitting patterns in 22 Free Knitted Slipper Patterns
Hygge Crochet Patterns
- Fireside Slippers
It's no good curling up by the fire with bare feet! Warm those toes with this popular, chunky slippers pattern.
- Driftwood Oversized Hooded Poncho
Hygge isn't only for the summer months! Embrace conversation by the fire when you wear this poncho in the spring!
- Crochet Bowl Cozy
Mmm, soup is the perfect hygge meal, but you need to be sure you can carry the bowl without burning your hands! This cozy is perfect because it fits around the bowl snuggly, more convenient than a normal potholder!
- Chunky Brick Slippers
You can't have a hyggelig time if you have cold toes. Keep those feet warm with this fabulous pattern! Your ankles will stay warm with these booties, too.
- Sweater-like DIY Cosmetics Bag
Have you ever used tapestry techniques for your crochet projects? You can create surprisingly intricate designs. This is the perfect winter clutch for you, and it would work out wonderfully as a cosmetics bag as well.
- Sweet-ish Crochet Hat Pattern
Make a truly heartfelt project with this cute crochet pattern! While the hearts are lovely for Valentine's Day, they're also so wonderful and neutral enough for all of winter.
- Powdered Sugar Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern
Look at the way the designer is holding this pretty pattern to her cheeks. Deliciously soft! Use the softest yarn to make your cowls feel like a warm hug.
- Hygge Mug Cozy
The name says it all! Scandinavian neutrals paired with bright cross stitched designs make this the ultimate sweet cozy for everyday use.
- Hygge Pincushion
Sewing is all the more fun when you love the tools you're using! Rather than buying a standard, boring pincushion, crochet your own with love.
- Scandinavian Hearts
If you've never made Scandinavian hearts out of paper, they are wonderful, sweet projects for kids and adults alike. In this version, crochet your own scandinavian hearts for coasters or hotpads.
Nothing is snugglier than a homemade blanket. Cozy up with this collection of 51 Free Crochet Afghan Patterns for Beginners
DIY Hygge Decor
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
Natural elements are important to a hygge life, so bring the outdoors in with this thrifty project!
- Cute DIY Teacup Candle
Did you know that Danish people go through more candles per capita a year than any other country? Candles are important for setting a certain atmosphere, so be sure to have adorable ones handy when you make this project.
- Fairy Garden DIY Snow Village
Maybe you have a Christmas village already as a part of your seasonal decor, but what happens when December 25th passes? Make a village that can stay up year round with this tutorial.
- Coffee Mug Pallet Craft
Hygge decor often involves wood elements, and a hygge lifestyle often involves drinking delicious warm beverages. Merge two loves with this adorable pallet craft.
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
Say hello to rustic chic! These faux fur wall hangings pair well with the neutral decor so often found in Danish households.
- Rustic Burlap Candle Holders
Maybe you already have the candles but you don't have the perfect accents to make them part of your decor. With the help of burlap, you can add the loveliest look to your projects!
- Wooden Necklace Organizer
Hang your favorite trendy necklaces on a rustic hanger with this beautiful woodworking tutorial.
- Rustic DIY Photo Frame
This photo frame is another fantastic example of bringing the outdoors in! Spend an afternoon gathering some sticks from the backyard, preferably with a loved one. Then make this frame!
Hygge Sewing Patterns
- The Sweatpants Not Just For Sweating
Hygge life is all about COMFORT, and this sewing tutorial will teach you how to make the most comfortable sweats on the block.
- Cozy Toes Fireside Blanket
Snuggle up! Sew your own blanket with the softest fabric and make this pretty blanket.
- Bed Pillow Cases with Ties
The buffalo check plaid print is one of the best designs out there, and you can bring a cozy, winter feel to your bedroom decor when you make these pillowcases.
More Hygge Crafts for Adults
- Aromatic Almond Oil
Scents are almost as important as cozy feels when it comes to this lifestyle, and you can add a peaceful scent to your room anytime when you make your own oil.
- Essential Oil Diffuser DIY
Love essential oils? You can make the room smell like any scent you'd like when you learn how to make your own diffuser for them.
- Happy Homemade Mugs
Mugs are enormously important when it comes to this cozy lifestyle because they house your delicious beverages! Custom design your own mugs to drink from with this sweet tutorial.
Grey skies got you down? Try these 10 Rainy Day Crafts for Grey Skies
How will you incorporate more hygge into your life?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- 42 Crafts to Do When Bored
- Download this completely free collection of easy craft ideas for adults.
- Kindess Rocks With A Free Printable
- 11 Radiant Rainbow Crafts and Rainbow Art
- Mason Jar Centerpiece
- 100+ Best Craft Ideas of the Decade
- No Sew Diy Mask - Duct Tape To The Rescue
- 11 DIY Craft Projects Everyone Is Talking About
- 22 Galaxy Crafts for Adults That Are Out-of-This-World
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make Your Own Reversible Quilted Fabric
- Easy To Knit Slippers
- Adult & Child Knitted Slippers…with Bows!!
- Cute Bows Dishcloth
- Make A Victorian Steampunk Necklace And Bracelet
- Lavender Chamomile Milk Bath Recipe
- Vanilla Mint Lip Scrub Recipe
- Dandelion Painting On Canvas
- Duct Tape Twirling Bee Craft
- Colorful Baking Soda And Vinegar Reaction
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home