Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's nothing better than curling up with a big chunky blanket. Make an Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket and keep it close by all winter long. Knit afghan patterns are a fun and challenging way to show off your skills. Using Mega Bulky yarn, you can construct your own version of this warm and toasty blanket. The thick texture makes this blanket perfect for the coldest winter months. If you have some knitting experience and want to try your hand at a bigger and better project, give this knit blanket pattern a try.
Super chunky free knitting patterns are entirely on-trend and can be expensive in the store. Quick to create and much cheaper to DIY, you will not regret learning how to knit this big and beautiful idea.
Knitting Needle Size35 or 19 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(7) Jumbo
Gauge5 sts and 7 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Finished SizeApprox. 45" x 57" [114.5 x 144.5 cm]
- Bernat Mega Bulky (10.5 oz/300 g; 64 yds/58 m) Light Grey Heather (88046), 15 balls
- Size U.S. 35 (19 mm) circular knitting needle 36" [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Find even more free knitting patterns and projects in our massive collection of knitting patterns, free knitting videos, and how to knit tutorials. Peruse this collection of quick and easy free knitting patterns when you are first learning how to knit. Create an easy scarf, dishcloth or even a felted coffee cozy. There's something for everyone in
45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
How to Knit the Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
Cast on 55 sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
Knit 3 rows (garter st), noting first row is WS.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: K2. Purl to last 2 sts. K2.
3rd row: K5. *P3. K3. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
4th row: K2. *P3. K3. Rep from * to last 5 sts. P3. K2.
5th and 6th rows: As 1st and 2nd rows.
7th row: K2. *P3. K3. Rep from * to last 5 sts. P3. K2.
8th row: K5. *P3. K3. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
Rep last 8 rows for Woven Pat until Blanket measures approx 56" [142 cm], ending on a 2nd row of pat.
Knit 3 rows (garter st).
Cast off knitwise (WS).
More Chunky Blanket Knitting Patterns
If you love big and bulky knitting patterns for blankets, the patters below are going to be your new faves. Bulky and chunk yarn projects work up quickly and offer some extra cuddly options for your home.
- Right Side
- Wrong Side
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Special Little One
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home