Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I guess its possible that you havent seen all the chunky, delicious looking throws that are sprinkled all over pinterest and the internet. But if you have, and youre kinda craving one this winter, I have a treat for you. I made this thick, cozy, chunky blanket in one day, while binge watching Nurse Jackie during Winter Storm Jonas. It was a great reason to stay inside and in front of a fire. Even though I really like natural fibers, I used acrylic in this case because of 1) its washability and 2) its cost. I saw this yarn at Michaels and liked the feel of it, so bought 17 skeins (because its what they had). I figured I would make a blanket as big as 17 skeins would make. The yarn recommends a US 15 knitting needle. I wanted a looser knit, so I tried it on US 19 (15mm), which I found knitted a way too tight fabric. So then, I cut a PVC pipe (19mm) in half and tried it. I also found that knit way to tight as well. Butsince I had just cleaned out my attic and garage, I knew I had 2 flag poles. And, since I had just cleaned out my attic and garage, I knew exactly where they were. The flagpoles have a diameter of 32mm, so they were a good bit larger and ended up just being perfect."
Knitting Needle Size50 or 25 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge4 stitches, 5 rows, 6 inches. stocking stitch
- 14 skeins of Super Bulky (size 6) yarn. I used Loops & Threads Biggie
- 2 poles, 32mm (or 1 1/4") in diameter. You can surely use many things, just check your gauge. Mine was 4 stitches and 5 rows for a 6" by 6" square.
- White yarn, or your choice of color, and transparent thread for tassels
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- No Needles Knit Blanket
- Simple Chunky Blanket
- Casual Cables Throw
- Seed-Stitch Checkerboard Blanket
- Checkered Knit Blanket
- Easy Chunky Knit Blanket
- Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
- 27 Bulky Knit Afghan Patterns
- 66 Fantastic Free Afghan Patterns + 5 New Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Diagonal Basket Weave Knit Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Spa Slippers
- Lovely Victorian Lace Heart ❤️ Ornament
- Rose Milk Bath Tea
- How To Make A Sherpa Fleece And Flannel Blanket
- Heart Block Pillow Pattern
- Wax Air Freshener With Dried Flowers
- Diy Bird Feeders
- Winter Rays Hat
- Chunky Heart Pillow
- How To Miter Corners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home