20+ Brown Paper Bag Crafts
These brown paper bag crafts are a simple way to turn this household item into a fun experience.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The possibilities are endless with these 20+ Brown Paper Bag Crafts!
Whether you want a simple paper bag puppet or a beautiful piece of decor for your home, you can probably make it with a brown paper bag.
Remember those small, brown bags you used to take your lunch to school in? Have any leftover paper grocery bags from your last trip to the grocery store? Don't let them go to waste. And paper grocery bag crafts are just one fraction of the possibilities of things you can make with paper bags!
For craft experts and novices alike, paper bag crafts are a blast. They're great for when you're crafting on a budget or you get a sudden urge to be creative and craft the day away. You probably have some, lying around in your pantry right now, just waiting to be transformed into a unique creation.
Watch and Learn: These crafts make great gifts. Watch the video below to learn how to make this DIY Father's Day Goodie Bag from our friends at AllFreeKidsCrafts!
Table of Contents
Reasons You Should Craft with Paper Bags
- It's budget-friendly! Paper bags are pretty inexpensive, so when you make these crafts, your biggest expenses will be the other matrials for the craft. This also makes these crafts great for large group projects!
- They're great for use in kids crafts. Whether your kids want to make a customized lunch bag or paper bag puppets, these handy bags are perfect.
- Paper bags are so versatile. You can do just about anything with them! And their uses go way beyond kids crafts. You can even tile your floor with them.
- They're sturdy. Even though they're just made from paper, they still hold up nicely when you turn them into a fun craft project. After a few uses, your paper bag puppets might look a little rough around the edges, sure, but the brown paper bag mat, featured below is a great way to use your paper bags in a way that will last.
- They are a kind of blank canvas for creativity! You can cover them in paint, add construction paper, deck them out in fabric, or glue on googly eyes. No matter what you do, you know you'll have a craft masterpiece.
Paper Bag Crafts for Holidays
The holidays are full of quality time spent with family and friends. What a better way to enjoy this time with your loved ones than by making these adorable crafts!
From paper bag Easter bunnies to wreaths for Halloween and even a Thanksgiving turkey made out of paper bags and popcorn stuffing, there's a craft here for you. With these projects, you'll be making more than just crafts; you'll be making memories.
How to Make Burnt Brown Bag Crafts
Yes, you read that right. Burnt.
They're super simple to make, but be careful -- these use real fire. So if you're planning to use these crafts in your classroom or with your kids, it's probably best to hold off on burnt paper bag crafts. The benefit to using this technique is in the unique texture and appearance of the paper. The rustic aesthetic makes it perfect for home decor.
And yes, it's possible to burn paper bags without having them burst into flames. It's all in the technique (and the tacky glue)!
Try out one of the projects below to learn how to make your very own burnt masterpieces. But warning: there will be a small amount of smoke from using this product. Be sure to crack a window and keep a small glass of water around for if things get out of hand.
Get creative! Learn how to make your very own burnt bag designs with this tutorial: How To Make Burnt Bag Designs
How to Make Decorations with Paper Bags
Paper bag crafts are so much more than kids crafts. They're also a great way to decorate your house! Whether you're using them to make placemats, wall hangings, or gift wrapping, these brown paper bags can be both fun and elegant. A handful of really ambitious crafters have started using paper bags to tile their floors and even redo their countertops.
Paper Bag Crafts for School
For teachers and homeschoolers alike, planning and arts and crafts curriculum can be a challenge. Often teachers are working on a tight budget, and craft supplies don't come cheap, especially when you have to provide enough materials for a classroom full of eager students.
Below are some of our favorite classroom crafts with paper bags to help you cut back on money without cutting back on fun. Have your students decorate pens with colorful paper. Or you could use paper bags to create a one-of-a-kind scrapbook to hold all of your memories! Save yourself time and money while still having a fun time being creative. After all, why would you want those lunch bags to go to waste?
Pro Tip: Save your paper bags from the grocery store! Even if these still have the store logo on them, you can get creative by covering it up with paint or construction paper.
Get more great project ideas for your kids with these 17 Kids Sunday School Crafts
How to Make Paper Bag Puppets
One of the most popular crafts for the classroom is lunch bag puppets! They're so cute and so simple to make. Your kids will love these crafts because they can get as creative as they want. Have your kids put on a puppet show with their paper bag creations!
When it comes to paper bag puppets here are a few key craft supplies that you'll probably need:
- Paper bags
- Tacky glue
- Googly eyes
- Paper plates
- Construction paper
What's your favorite way to reuse paper bags?
Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Water Bottle Room Divider
- Dollar Store DIY Desk Organizers
- Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
- 20+ Brown Paper Bag Crafts
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
- Water Bottle Storage
- Pill Bottle Crafts: Reuse Pill Bottles with this Crafty Guide [11 Ideas]
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Tin Can DIY Wind Chime
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home