Paper Bag Turkey with Popcorn Stuffing
This Paper Bag Turkey with Popcorn Stuffing from One Charming Party is a perfect draft for the kids table this Thanksgiving. It's a simple and easy Thanksgiving Day craft to keep the kids busy preparing their table while you prepare yours! Create a Paper Bag Turkey for a Thanksgiving decoration that won't be forgotten. Thanksgiving crafts for children are great ways to keep the little ones occupied while you're finishing up your holiday preparations, and this turkey craft is no exception.
- 3-4 bags of popcorn
- Large brown grocery bag
- 2 small brown lunch bags
- Hot glue gun
- White paper for the frills
- For the frill, take a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11″ white paper and cut it in half lengthwise. Fold the paper in half lengthwise and make small cuts with a pair of scissors on the folded half to create loops.
- For the drumsticks, make one hand into a fist and stick it inside the lunch bag. With your other flat hand, press on the bag to mold and smash it down into a more rounded shape.
- Fill the bag 2/3 of the way with popcorn.
- Gather up the bottom of the bag and twist to keep it tight.
- Hot glue the beginning of the length of frill and wrap it around the bottom, twisted part of the lunch bag. Then hot glue the end of the white paper frill to keep it in place.
- For the main bag, do the same thing as the drumstick to make the corners rounded.It’s best to use a plain brown bag, but if you can only find one with writing on the outside, you can carefully turn the bag inside out and it will be just fine.
- Fill the bag up full with popcorn.
- Fold the sides of the bag in and tuck the bottom edge under.
- Hot glue the edge shut.
- Hot glue the legs onto the sides of the “turkey.” Easy Peasy.
- If using buttered popcorn to fill the turkey, use parchment or wax paper to line the paper bag to avoid grease marks.
Download our free eBook Thanksgiving Crafts and guarantee that this Thanksgiving will be the most festive one yet.
Read NextFall Leaf Placemats