Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
Discover how to decoupage a variety of items with the ideas in this collection.
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's a lot to love about decoupage and collage projects. They're simple to make and the possibilities are endless! This set of 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas features decoupage furniture, decoupage wood boxes and so much more!
Aside from the traditional decoupage crafts, there are decoupage instructions for unique projects like a magazine holder and a birdhouse, not to mention decoupage Easter eggs. There's even a tutorial that shows you how to decoupage a mailbox!
No matter what you're looking for, you're sure to find something that inspires you in this collection of fabulous decoupage ideas! Look out below for Mod podge ideas that you are going to love. From home decor ideas to simple jewelry ideas, these decoupage crafts are hard to pass by. Plus, scroll all the way down for some insanely helpful tutorial on how to remove decoupage as well as how to store your crafting supplies, making sure your decoupage materials never dry up.
Table of Contents
If you can't get enough decoupage crafts, then you need to download a copy of our eBook, Quick and Easy Decoupage. This comprehensive (free!) craft collection is filled with fun project that you can make any time of year. Decorate items you already have or create something from scrath - the choice is yours. No matter what, the finished project will be eye-catching, interesting and truly unique. Get the collection: "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook from Plaid
Even though you can decoupage almost anything, decoupage furniture is by far one of the most popular mod podge crafts. These five decoupage furniture ideas will help you put personal touches on your home accessories and avoid cookie-cutter decor.
- End Table UpcycleSome old scrapbook paper and a little paint can instantly transform a side table into something artistic and fun! This colorful decoupage project is a great way to bring color into your room.
- Decoupage DresserTransform an old dresser into a vintage piece with this fun decoupage craft. This is a great way to use up old paper or try a stenciling technique.
- Patchwork Decoupage ChairGather up old paper scraps and decorate a chair with this fun and fabulous decoupage idea. This would be a great project to decorate a misplaced chair or your outdoor seating chairs.
- Penny's BenchThis is a great stepping stool for a bathroom or something to have by the bed for older people, pets, or younger children. This sweet bench also makes a great foot stool.
- String of Circles BookshelfThis simple yet artistic book case is great for storing almost anything! It would also look great in a bathroom holding toiletries or extra towels.
- Elegant Refurbished Entryway CabinetThis gorgeous cabinet is an easy project for beginners to decoupage furniture, and the results are so lovely! Check out the great tips for measuring the design perfectly.
- Beautiful Bookshelf DecoupageThis decoupage project uses fabric to add flair and color to ordinary bookshelves. It's great for beginners since you're measuring for clean edges!
- Audrey Hepburn Vintage DresserShow your fancy side with this gorgeous decoupage furniture project. This dresser is a chic accessory for any classy woman to add to her home.
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined DrawersBuy a simple dresser and dress it up with new knobs, paint, and of course, decoupage.
How to Decoupage on Wood
If you are considering exploring one of the above decoupage furniture ideas, check our How to Decoupage on Wood for all of your need-to-knows and how-tos.
Decoupage Home Accents
These are our favorite decoupage ideas for you to use around your house. From picture frames to decoupage art, learn how to decoupage cute home accents with these easy instructions!
- Wallpaper Pattern Wall ArtDo you have wrapping paper that's just too pretty to use? Put it on display! With this fun and easy tutorial, you can make elegant wall decor in minutes.
- Decoupage Bud VaseCreate a lovely vase for your spring and summer flowers with great decoupage ideas like this. This easy to make vase is also great for kids!
- Colorful Tissue Paper FramesHelp your kids make memories they'll never forget by framing them in these cute decoupage frames. This is also a great classroom craft for teachers.
- Friends Decoupage FrameHave some scraps of paper? Assemble them together in a cute frame. You could also give this frame as a gift to your best friends.
- Awesome Comic Wrapped Decorative BallsLovers of the comic strips will love this project. These decorative balls would look great sitting in a bowl or even hanging from your Christmas tree.
- Reverse Collage Tea TrayBring your loved one breakfast in bed in this sweet tea tray.
- Quick and Easy Candle Holder UpdateThis is a great way to update candle holders you found at a garage sale or if you're looking to make a housewarming gift.
- Memorable Moments Photo CollageMod podge crafts are a great way to help you capture memories. Gather up your favorite photos for this thoughtful gift.
- Recycled State Map MagnetsIf you want to learn how to decoupage but aren't sure how to get started, this is a great way to get started.
- Road Map Picture FrameIn just minutes, you can turn mod podge ideas into a reality. This project is fun for the whole family (and super easy, too).
- Mosaic Fabric Seahorse CanvasUse paint and papers to bring this creative canvas to life. No matter the weather, you can pretend that you're at the beach.
- Easy Decoupage FramesThis reader-favorite is one of the top Mod Podge crafts out there. This project is quick, easy and super fun. Be sure to include a personal photo when you give this DIY gift to a friend or family member.
- Chic Coffee Tray Decoupage IdeaLearn how to make a DIY tray for your home, perfect for sipping tea on the couch or drinks on the back porch.
- Instagram DIY CoastersTransform your favorite Instagram photos into home accents with this decoupaged idea.
- Sweet Decoupage Picture FrameYou only need a few inexpensive supplies to complete this project, so there's no excuse not to make one. Be sure to add embellishments such as rolled paper flowers to give your frame a one-of-a-kind touch. This is a great home decor craft that you can also give as a gift.
- Charming Country DIY Welcome SignMake a stunning sign with this helpful video tutorial. Welcome guests with a gorgeous home accent that is great for beginners to make!
Don't you just love when decoupage ideas are cute and functional at the same time? These Mod Podge projects will help you store your stuff while also doubling as adorable decorations! If you're wondering how to decoupage a box, we have tons of tutorials for decoupage boxes in the collection of storage ideas below!
- Decoupage Storage BinPerfect for books or yarn, this decorative storage bin is a great way to add decorative style to your craft room. These also look great in a kids room.
- Yarn Storage BoxStore your yarn out in the open with this cute and decorative storage box. Decoupage paper onto a wooden box for an easy and fun project.
- Magazine HolderYou can create color and style on your bookshelves, too, with this easy magazine holder project. Store all your great magazines and notes in colorful folders.
- Recipe Box RedoThis recipe box makes a great gift. Decoupage it with old family recipes or photos of well-loved family dishes to make a gift that anyone is sure to appreciate.
- Decoupage Sewing Storage BoxThis storage box is great for organizing papers and maps. It makes a great project for dad, grandpa, or a hard to shop for brother.
- Fabric Floral Trinket BoxWomen of all ages will love this sweet trinket box. You can use it for jewelry or to store keys and other nick knacks.
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel NotebookRecord your thoughts and schedule reminders in this adorable notebook. Learn how to decoupage and notebook and you'll never wonder which one is yours ever again.
Decoupage ideas don't have to be confined to the indoors! Make some unique decorations for your yard or garden with these decoupage instructions for outdoor projects.
- Wallpaper Decoupage Flower PotsThis is a great decoupage craft project for gardening fans. You could decoupage the pot with pictures of the flower growing inside so there's no guessing game as to which is which!
- Decoupage a Mailbox with FabricHave the most unique mailbox on the block with this fun decoupage project. Give guests a taste of your style by decorating your mailbox.
- Decoupage Spring Flower PotsBring the outdoors inside with this fun and bright decoupage project for kids and adults. These flower pots are great for Easter, but can easily be used to display colorful flowers year round.
- Garden ToteThis sweet and colorful wooden tote will make gathering fruits, veggies, and flowers much easier. Take this sweet basket with you into the garden for clutter free organizing and gardening.
- Decoupage Birdhouses VideoDon't forget to add some color and decoration outside your home, too! This cute birdhouse is easy to make and a great way to get the kids involved in crafting. Birds and all small animals will just love their new pad!
- Decoupaged Flower Pot Crafts(Video) Learn how to decoupage on top of terra cotta pots to make the cutest flower pot crafts out there.
Decoupage for Special Occasions
Create a memorable gift for the holidays with these decoupage ideas for special occasions. From picture frames to ornaments and everything in between, there are so many great things you can create using these decoupage instructions.
- Mother's Day Bird FrameCelebrate the most important woman in your life with this sweet Mother's Day frame. A little bird embellishment makes this frame so cute and fun.
- Decoupage Holiday OrnamentThis is a great way to honor those you love during the holiday season. Decoupage family photos on ornaments to create a one of a kind family tree!
- Be Mine Decoupage CanvasWin over your Valentine with this decoupage canvas project. This sweet home decor craft makes an adorable gift for anyone you love!
- Floral Decoupaged Easter EggsThese springtime eggs are a great Easter decoration. Kids can even get in on the fun by decorating these eco-friendly home decor ornaments.
- Decoupage Easter EggsIf you like the all natural look of decorated Easter eggs, you're going to love this project. Decorated with real natural items, these eggs are great for nature lovers!
- Decoupage Holiday PlateThis decoupage project is perfect for handing over a nice plate of homemade cookies. Neighbors, friends, and family are sure to appreciate the extra work you put into creating these unique and personal cookie platters.
- Make In Minutes Fabric CoasterFree Craft Video: Recycle scraps of fabrics for this easy craft project. This is a fun way to recycle old fabric that you might otherwise throw away.
Decoupage Projects You Can Wear
If you've ever wondered how to decoupage jewelry, these projects will show you how simple it really is. This is just a short list of decoupage ideas for accessories, but there is really no limit to what you can create when you use your imagination!
- Decoupage Pendant NecklaceKeep your loved ones close to heart with this sweet charm necklace. This also makes a great gift for moms and grandmas.
- Spring Flower HeadbandFor beginning crafters, it doesn't get much easier than this. This spring flower headband is an easy decoupage project that's sure to get anyone hooked on Mod Podge!
- Dangling Decoupage EarringsCan't seem to find the right earrings? Why not make your own? These dangle decoupage earrings are so fun and stylish. You can customize them to be whatever color you'd like and you can easily wear them with almost anything.
- Bright Color BanglesGirls of all ages will love these brightly colored bangles. Mix and match designs or wear them one at a time to create a look that's unique and fun!
How to Decoupage Tutorials
Now that you've seen all of the fabulous decoupage ideas that we've collected for you, you might be curious about different techniques and tricks you can do with this creative craft. If we've peaked your interest, below are some great tips and instructions for decoupage craft ideas that you should definitely check out.
- Mod Podge Basics + 28 Mod Podge CraftsLearn the basics of decoupage and Mod Podge in this informative tutorial.
- Tie Dye Paper Towels Plaque VideoOnce you've learned the basics, learn how to put them to use in creating cool and unique designs.
- How to Reverse CollageFind out all about the basics of reverse collage in this easy to follow instructional guide.
- Mod Podge vs. Decoupage: What's The Difference?Let's make sure we rewind all the way to the very basics. If you're wondering "What is decoupage glue?", learn all about the difference between Mod Podge and decoupage in our helpful article.
Bonus! Helpful How to Decoupage Tutorials
Whether you are brand new to mod podge ideas or just need some help, check out these super helpful mod podges tips and tricks tutorials and full articles from the editors here at FaveCrafts.
- How to Remove Mod Podge and Other TipsWhether you messed up a project, spilled your mod podge, or just want to redo a project, these helpful hints on removing mod podge are must-knows for any clumsy crafter.
- Does Mod Podge Dry Clear? + What To Do if It Doesn'tMod podge is designed to dry clear, but sometimes it just does not do what it is supposed. This article offers some reasons why your mod podge may not be drying clear.
- How to Store Craft Supplies + Craft Room Storage IdeasThis helpful how to store craft supplies tutorial offers some great suggestions on how to make sure that your craft supplies stay new and unspoiled.
Decoupage on glass with the stunning tutorials in this section. Glass decoupage projects are probably some of the most popular tutorials, and they're so stunning when completed.
- DIY Wine Bottle VaseThis is an easy decoupage project that you'll love to make if you're obsessed with glitter!
- Permanent Marker Art BowlsThis project is more for sealing your design with Mod Podge glue, which is awesome! Draw on the bowls and finish off with a dishwasher safe decoupage medium for an easy and fun decoupage project.
- Glittery Glass MugThis is one of my favorite projects on the site. The glitter makes this mug so glamorous, and this is an easy decoupage glass project!
- DIY Glass Plate DecoupageMake completely gorgeous decoupage plates with this helpful tutorial! Add whatever images you like to the back of the plate. The front of the plate will still be totally smooth and food safe, and the back will have a lovely design show through of your choosing.
- Simple Halloween Pumpkin LuminariesThese are the cutest little luminaries for Halloween, and you can apply this technique to several other holidays or occasions!
Fabric Decoupage Projects
Fabric decoupage projects are so lovely. It's convenient that you can't tear fabric the way you might tear paper, and the results are so lovely and a bit more durable. Fabric decoupage is great for furniture projects and more.
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined DrawersMakeover a piece of furniture by lining the drawers with fabric and decoupaging the fabric in place.
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel NotebookThere is nothing like a notebook that is completely unique to you! Dress up a notebook that you aren't in love with by decoupaging fabric on the cover. Choose any print of your choosing for a beautiful new notebook.
- Beautiful Bookshelf DecoupageThis is the cutest way to dress up a plain book case! Decoupage fabric to the back of the shelves for a cute design.
Fall in love with decoupage projects and discover how versatile mod podge really is. Download a copy of our free eBook, 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects, and discover why this is one of the most popular craft projects around. In this eBook you'll find jewelry projects, gifts and even crafts for the holidays. There's never a bad time to learn how to decoupage, so download a copy of this eBook and get to work. 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects free eBook
Leave a Comment and Tell Us: If you had to decoupage one thing RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Elegant Gold Painted White Pumpkins
- Sweet Dreams Printable Coloring Page
- Mini Pinecone Christmas Tree
- Pinecone Wreath Craft
- Christmas Coffee Filter Garland
- How to Make a Paper Poinsettia
- DIY Fall Treats
- Grunge Style Fabric Pumpkins
- Lego DIY Fidget Spinner
- Wrapping Paper DIY Christmas Wreath