36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
A colorful crochet blanket is so much more thrilling than a plain one.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Colorful afghans are a must as the colder months quickly approach. Why not use your creativity and love for crafts to create a crochet afghan? We've collected some of our favorite crochet afghan patterns to get you started.
Add brightness to your home in the drearier months with colorful crochet patterns! The color combinations in the free crochet afghan patterns below are so beautiful and creative. Experiment with stripes, chevron patterns, granny square motifs, and more with these beautiful patterns.
If you're looking for afghans to crochet that will add some color to your home, try creating the beautiful Colorful Windchime Afghan. If the granny square style is more fitting to your personality, we also have easy crochet afghans like the Beginner Granny Afghan, perfect for anyone learning how to crochet.
Bright, Colorful Afghan Patterns
- Afghan Circles in RectanglesUsing a variety of colors and great talent you can create this beautiful warm afghan. It's great for lounging and you'll be proud that you made it yourself.
- Brightly Colored ThrowWrap up in a brightly colored crochet throw from Caron Yarn. You'll love all the bright colors that are incorporated in this free crochet pattern. Each square reminds me of a different flower.
- Retro Ripple Crochet Afghan PatternThis unique pattern is inspired by the '60s and '70s and includes bold colors and colorful fringe. What more could you want? You'll love this!
- Brightly Colored Tunisian ThrowBlues, greens and oranges make this afghan a brightly colored assortment. Use this free crochet afghan pattern to give your home style. It's a great throw that will keep you nice and warm during the chilly months.
- Colorful Windchime AfghanIf you're looking for something to really brighten up your room then this is the perfect crochet pattern for you. Make a windchime afghan pattern. Stripes and lace combine to make this afghan perfect.
- Flower Squares AfghanThis intermediate flower afghan crochet pattern features 35 flower motifs with fun popcorn stitches. Creating each of these flower squares in four different colors is challenging and fun.
- 4-Points Star Crochet BlanketThis starstruck pattern is perfect for your little one's bedroom. He/she will love the bright colors! So cute!
- Free Crochet Pattern for Round Motif AfghanThis free crochet pattern is brilliant with its bright colors and patterns. The round motif afghan would look great in any room. This makes for a nice personalized gift as well.
- Crayon Colored AfghanWhat's better than an easy to crochet afghan? One that's crayon colored! This crayon colored afghan will make any child's room cheery and cozy with its colorful, crocheted blocks.
- Rainbow Sampler Crochet Blanket PatternThis sampler is the perfect way to try out some new stitches. There's no wrong way to put it together! It's great for beginners!
- Basket Weave AfghanMade in bright shades of red and pink, this easy crochet afghan pattern will brighten up any room in your home. This is a great pattern for beginners or those who don't have much experience with crochet.
- Rainbow Chevron AfghanMade to look like a quilt, this afghan is not short on color. Use it to decorate your living room or bedroom...and it also makes a wonderful yarn stash buster!
Afghans as Gifts
Give the gift of color and cuddles with these crochet afghan patterns that make fantasticsurprises for friends and families.
- Manly Man ThrowUse this free crochet pattern to make the manly man throw. He'll love to wrap up in it. It's an easy crochet pattern that uses Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Camouflage colors are just what a man loves.
- Over the Rainbow AfghanMake this gorgeous crochet pattern to give to your niece for her new baby. You can customize the colors to make it work for a boy or a girl. Makes a great baby shower gift!
- Easy Afghan for HimRed, black and cream make this the perfect afghan for a man. Use a free crochet afghan pattern like this one to make for your significant other, he'll love to cuddle up in it.
- Snuggle AfghanEveryone will love to snuggle with this crochet afghan. Use this free crochet pattern for an intermediate level project that makes a great gift for dad.
- Crocheted Monkey BlanketThis project will teach you how to crochet a blanket to match your soft plush monkey. The colorful crocheted monkey blanket is the perfect addition to a child's room.
- Kids Flower ThrowYour kids will love this colorful flower throw. Not only will it spruce up the room, but this free crochet pattern is the perfect challenge for the intermediate crocheter.
- Pastel Baby Afghan PatternRoseanna Beck brings you another one of her free and easy crochet patterns to make a beautiful baby afghan. This pattern uses a shell and v stitch.
- Pillow and Throw for TweensThis is the perfect crochet pattern for that tween in your life. The size will fit her just great and the bright pink color will add pizazz to her life.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan and Pillow SetA Christmas granny squares afghan and pillow set is the perfect way to decorate your home for Christmas. This crochet afghan pattern uses octagonal granny "squares" in red and green for a festive way to keep warm this winter.
- Christmas Noel AfghanSmall and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor. Find more crochet patterns at Red Heart Yarn.
- Lily's Garden Striped Granny AfghanThis easy crochet afghan is quick to make and can use any colored yarn. It makes a great bold and bright gift for anyone special in your life!
- Christmas Tree AfghanBright green Christmas trees dance across a red background in this Christmas afghan crochet pattern. This intermediate afghan crochet pattern includes some special stitches and a stitch chart.
- Afghan with Sleeves Crochet PatternThis is a great pattern for anyone to have! Keep your arms nice and warm while remining mobile enough to read, draw, or crochet more afghans! This makes a great gift for anyone on your list.
- Yo Yo AfghanThis colorful and fun afghan would make a wonderful gift for anyone on your list. Great for mixing and matching colors, this afghan will provide year-round warmth.
Granny Square Afghan Patterns
- Beginner Granny AfghanUse this free crochet afghan pattern to make a beautiful versatile granny afghan. The colorful flowers make a really nice design. Follow the diagram to get a granny just as good as this one.
- Granny Square Crochet AfghanGranny squares are fun crochet projects to help you practice crocheting in the round. Join granny squares to create a colorful throw in this crochet afghan pattern. Granny squares are much easier than they look!
- Crochet Granny AfghanUse this free crochet afghan pattern for a warm night next to the fire. Super Saver yarn makes it nice and warm. This pattern calls for a J hook.
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan and PillowUsing this free crochet pattern you can create a rustic earth-toned look to your room. This is an easy crochet pattern to follow that you will love having in your home.
- Granny's Crochet AfghanTry this free afghan pattern to crochet an afghan just like granny used to. Granny's crochet afghan is a beautiful project to make for your home or as a gift for granny!
- Early Bird AfghanThis adorable throw is perfect for your new grandchild! Customize the colors to make it your own. Your grandbaby needs this.
- This easy granny square afghan uses bold fall colors to bring the warmth of family and Thanksgiving into your living room.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan and Pillow SetThe bright colors of Christmas come together to create this beautiful crochet afghan pattern. With a matching pillow included, this easy crochet pattern is a must for the holiday season.
- Painted Desert Sunset AfghanThis lovely afghan is made up of a rainbow of colors! Add style to any room in your home with this bright and festive afghan!
- Millionaire's AfghanAll your yarn scraps can come together to create this amazing Millionaire's Afghan. With a wide variety of colors and stitches, this afghan is textured and fun.
- Rag Quilt Style Baby BlanketThis beautiful baby blanket was styled to mimic a rag quilt and the effect is just lovely!
What are your favorite colors for a blanket??
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home