Lily's Garden Striped Granny Afghan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Lily's Garden Striped Granny afghan is really easy and works up quickly. You may, for example, prefer pastels for your base colors and whites or creams for your highlights. I think browns or greys with corals and pinks would be very interesting. You may be wondering how to go about selecting colors. I knew I wanted to use about 9 different colors to represent squashes, lettuces, leaves, grass, grapes, and berries. With that in mind and images of autumn, I was off to select some of my favorites. I ended up with 13. I felt if I used them all, there wouldn’t be much of a contrast between them all so I decided to start with 5 as a base color (main color) and 4 to highlight. My ratio for creating the pattern would be 2 rows of base color to 1 row of highlight. The entire blanket is created this way!"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
This gorgeous pattern and other colorful blankets can be found in our collection, 36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Learn how to make a tree of life out of an old bike wheel! Bicycle wheel crafts like this one are beautiful and thrifty at the same… Continue reading: "Tree of Life Bicycle Wheel Craft"
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Stars in Your Eyes Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Retrospective Hexagon Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Nouveau Chic Granny Throw
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Red Crochet Afghan
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Mystical Mitts
- Easy Fabric Basket In Any Size
- "Vintage" Gold Leaf Resin Bangles
- Diy Raised Garden Bed
- Shrink Plastic and Resin Jewelry
- Cinch Stripes Backpack
- Mini Angel Amigurumi
- Criss Cross Mini Tote
- Mini Bears In Stockings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home