Lily's Garden Striped Granny Afghan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Lily's Garden Striped Granny afghan is really easy and works up quickly. You may, for example, prefer pastels for your base colors and whites or creams for your highlights. I think browns or greys with corals and pinks would be very interesting. You may be wondering how to go about selecting colors. I knew I wanted to use about 9 different colors to represent squashes, lettuces, leaves, grass, grapes, and berries. With that in mind and images of autumn, I was off to select some of my favorites. I ended up with 13. I felt if I used them all, there wouldn’t be much of a contrast between them all so I decided to start with 5 as a base color (main color) and 4 to highlight. My ratio for creating the pattern would be 2 rows of base color to 1 row of highlight. The entire blanket is created this way!"
Crochet HookI/9 or 5.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
This gorgeous pattern and other colorful blankets can be found in our collection, 36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
These Gold Tipped Mason Jar Vases will give an elegant and lovely look to any indoor or outdoor celebration. Use these golden vases… Continue reading: "Gold DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chic Cable Beanie
- Little Stefan Baby Booties
- Scrappy Reversible Halloween Table Mats
- Crochet Laptop Sleeve
- Wrap Dress Free Sewing Pattern
- How To Knit Adult Slippers
- Christmas Bingo Free Printable
- Easy Moss Pillow Planter
- Darn Good Yarn Alanya Sock Yarn
- Summer Nights Booties
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home