Colorful Windchime Afghan
If you're looking for something to really brighten up your living room or bedroom, then this is the perfect crochet pattern for you. Make a windchime afghan pattern from Lion Brand Yarn and add bright and bold colors to any room in your home. Stripes and lace combine to make this afghan perfect for any season, and the soft feminine touches make it a great gift idea, as well. Mix and match your own favorite colors to create an afghan that will work in your home.
Check out our collection of 26 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns for even more bright and colorful afghans that you can make for yourself or a friend!
- 2 balls Vanna's Choice Yarn in Toffee (A)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Magenta (B)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Dusty Blue (C)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Burgundy (D)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Brick (E)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Beige (F)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Pea Green (G)
- 1 ball Vanna's Choice Yarn in Rust (H)
- Size J-10 crochet hook
- Large eye blunt needles
Gauge: 12 dc + 7 rows = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Afghan measures about 36 x 56 in. (91.5 x 142 cm)
With A, ch 174.
Row 1 (WS): Dc in 4th ch from hook (beginning ch counts as dc) and in each ch across – 172 dc at end of this row.
Rows 2 and 3: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), turn, dc in each st across.
Row 4: Ch 3, turn, dc in next 3 sts, *ch 2, sk next 2 sts, dc in next 4 sts; rep from * across – 28 ch-2 sps at end of this row.
- Rows 5-7: Rep Row 2. Fasten off.
Notes: Second-Eighth Strips are worked as for First Strip through Row 7, and then joined to previous Strip with a Joining Row. The Joining Row is worked back and forth between the last row of the current strip and the foundation ch of the previous strip. With B, ch 174.
Rows 1-7: Work Rows 1-7 of First Strip. Do not fasten off. With RS facing, place previous Strip above current Strip.
- Joining Row: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st of current Strip, ch 2, sc in first foundation ch of previous Strip, ch 3, sk next 2 sts of current Strip, *sc in next st of current Strip, ch 3, sk next 3 sts of previous Strip, sc in next st of previous Strip, ch 3, sk next 3 sts of current Strip; rep across continuing to work back and forth between the 2 Strips, ending with sc in last st of current Strip, ch 2, sk next 2 sts of previous Strip, sc in last st of previous Strip. Fasten off.
- With C, D, E, F, G, and H, work as for Second Strip.
With RS facing, join A with sl st in any corner.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc evenly around outside edge, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Read NextUpdated Amish Bars Throw