33 Succulent Crafts: Pretty Planters and Terrariums
Find creative succulent planters ideas and other adorable projects in this roundup.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Succulents have taken the world by storm, and you can add these beautiful decorative plants to your home. Discover some of the most gorgeous succulent crafts to make! These pretty plants add so much life to any space, and there are so many unique ways to display them. From making a simple planter, to crafting faux succulents out of felt or yarn, there are so many awesome options below for what to make!
Succulents make wonderful centerpieces, DIY wreath ideas, wall decor, and windowsill adornments. They're easy to take care of, sturdy, and generally wonderful house plants. So, what are you waiting for? Get started with these gorgeous projects today.
Table of Contents
Start with the basics! Learn how to plant a succulent in a mason jar with our video: How to Plant a Succulent
Succulent Planters Ideas
- Mini Succulent Planters
These cute planters are made with recycled cans for an adorable rustic chic project.
- DIY Succulent Project
Grab a recycled container of some sort like a yogurt container or sour cream container and turn that into your next planter.
- Hello There Flower Pot Crafts
You can turn a terra cotta pot into your next succulent planter by dressing it up with cute adhesive vinyl.
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
These STUNNING planters are made with an unexpected material! Prove that succulents aren't just for summer with this cute project.
- Candlestick DIY Planter
Take your upcycling game to the next level. Repurpose candlesticks to make this succulent decor!
- Elegant and Easy Succulent Table Centerpieces
Succulents add such vivacity to your decor and would make such wonderful floral accents for your wedding!
- Recycled Succulent Planter
You'll never guess what this planter is made out of. It looks at a glance like a sturdy wood box, but you'll be surprised to discover it's something else entirely! Have fun!
- Nook in a Book DIY Succulent Planter
One of this editor's favorite projects on the site, you can repurpose an old book you'll never read and turn it into a unique succulent planter!
- Save It with Succulents DIY Planter
Aren't these the prettiest florals you've seen? Choose succulents in the brightest colors and paint your planter to match with this sweet tutorial. They make great gifts!
- DIY Succulent Bowl
Grab some old stoneware and learn how to layer all the necessary elements to ensure proper dranage and an aesthetically pleasing look!
DIY Succulent Terrariums
succulent terrarium layers
- Coffee Pot Homemade Terrarium
Probably our most popular succulent project on the site, this stunning terrarium is made with a coffee pot, and it is so unique and lovely!
- Too Easy Succulent Terrariums
Terrariums are easier to make than you think, and this project prooves it! Give these cute home decor projects a whirl with this project.
- Star Wars Terrarium
Who said this type of decor had to be traditional? Involve your favorite movie franchise with this fantastic idea.
- Living Terrarium Necklace
You can WEAR terrariums with this tutorial! Use the tiniest little perennials you've seen an make a pendant that lives.
- Wood Slice DIY Terrarium
Add rustic elements to your project when you make a terrarium with a basic planter, a wood slice, and a mason jar.
Find out how to make your own succulent terrarium. Learn the basics with our helpful printable, the DIY Succulent Terrarium Ideas Infographic
Succulent Wreath DIY
- Mini Terra Cotta Pot Wreath
Start with adorable terra cotta pots to make this wreath, and once the basic assembly is complete, strategically place these adorable little plants in some of the pots throughout.
- Succulent Garden DIY Wall Decor
With the help of some chicken wire, you can plant the prettiest succulents in these beautiful sprawling ways to make a great piece of rustic chic wall decor.
Succulent Garden Ideas
- How to Make a Fairy Garden
Not only will you learn how to plant succulents with this tutorial, but you'll learn how to arrange your plants and figurines to make the cutest fairy garden!
- Succulent Garden Arrangement
Wondering the best way to arrange your plants to make a pretty garden? This tutorial has you covered!
- Super Easy Succulent Garden
Who said gardens can't have recycled elements? Make tin cans a focal point in your arrangement with this tutorial.
More Succulent Crafts
- Succulent Wine Cork Planter Magnets
Pick up the tiniest succulents ever from the store and plant them inside those wine corks you've been saving!
- Succulent DIY Wall Art
If you have an artistic penchant, learn how to paint a watercolor succulent and turn it into your next piece of wall art!
- You're Succulent Free Printable
If wordplay's your thing, check out this darling printable.
- Paper Succulent Flower Tutorial
Are you a paper crafter? You can make succulents out of paper! Try this gorgeous project and use the completed flowers in all sorts of projects.
- Repurposed Sweater Felt Succulent Garden
Isn't it amazing what you can make with recycled materials? Repurpose old sweaters and literally turn them into felt succulents! This project is amazing!
- Rosette Succulent
Are you a crocheter? There are tons of crochet flowers out there, and you can even make succulents by crocheting them!
- Felt Succulents
Rather than felting sweaters like in the above tutorial, pick up traditional craft felt to make this version of felt succulents.
- DIY Succulent Key Holder
Incorporate these pretty plants into any element of your home decor by making this key holder!
- Tin Can Succulent Christmas Tree
If you're looking for a chic new Christmas decoration for your home, this is a fantastic project to make. Say hello to rustic and trendy with this tutorial.
- Succulent Gift Idea
It's easy to make the nicest present for Mom with this project! Succulents plus a printable sentiment are all you need for this tutorial.
- Cactus Shrinky Dink Pins
Have you played around with shrink plastic lately? Make charms, jewelry, or use them as paper crafting embellishments for cards or scrapbook layouts with this tutorial.
- Felt Succulent Banner
This darling banner can be used like a wreath! Hang it on your front door to welcome guests.
We have a few lovely ideas for making succulents out of felt listed above! Discover what else you can make with felt in our roundup of 50+ Felt Crafts for Beginners
What are your favorite house plants?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dishwasher Pod Container Recycled Planter
- Clay Saucer and Jute Bird Feeder
- Orange Peel DIY Bird Feeders
- How to Make a Jingle Bell Windchime
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea
- Fabulous Upcycled Faux Chinese Vases
- Chicken Wire Basket with Handle
- Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
- Colorful Upcycled Planters to Brighten Your Garden
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Floral Crochet Blanket Patterns for Crochet Gift Ideas
- DIY Medieval Banner
- Dollar Tree Scarf Tote Bag
- Mini Pumpkins
- Getty the Turkey
- Ladybug Gnome
- Trick Or Treat Yourself Lip Care Set
- Fairy Wand Kids Craft
- Whimsical Paper Beads
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home