Red Christmas Crochet Rug
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "To create this fabulous rug, I used Red Heart Bulky 2 ply crochet yarn. It is a great accent to any room and can truly pull your Christmas decorating together. The red pops, drawing attention to this simple chic design. It took about a week of leisurely crocheting to complete, but I'm sure it can be done over a weekend. This simple rug can be beautiful accent to any room and can be done in any color to match your mood or the time of year. "
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge12-15 stitches for 4 inches
Finished Size16 x 24 inches or 41 x 61 cm
- 3 balls of Red Jockey, Red Heart Bulky 2 ply crochet yarn (weight 85 grams or 3 oz each)
- Plastic needle
- Red Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Begin by creating a magic ring, chain (ch) 1 and crochet 12 single crochet (sc) into the ring. Slip stitch (sl st) to join in ch 1 stitch (st). Ch 2, half double crochet (hdc) in same ch 2 space and 2 hdc in each sc, sl st to join. Ch 2, hdc in each st and sl st to join. Ch 2, hdc in same ch 2 space and 2 hdc in each st, sl st to join. You have made first circle. Cut yarn and weave in ends. Make 23 more circles to put together your Red Christmas Rug.
Use the red medium worsted weight yarn and plastic needle to join the circles together. Each circle goes under the other creating an overlap.
Attach 4 circles per row. When you are finished you should have 6 rows.
Now attach each row to one another, again letting each circle overlap, resting on top of the previous row. There will be spaces between each row.
Find more of our favorite rug patterns in 18 Free Crochet Patterns for Rugs
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Easy Crochet Snowflake
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- 34 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
- Simple Striped Santa Stockings
- 25 Free Christmas Crochet Afghan Patterns
- 14 Free Christmas Stocking Crochet Patterns
- Little Stocking Ornaments
- Elf Size Stocking Ornament
- Christmas Decoration Potholders
- Santa Ornament
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Edible Christmas Craft: Christmas Tree Cones
- Candy Crochet Corn-O-Lantern
- Rigid Collar Vampire Cape Sewing Tutorial
- Crochet Fall Spiral Pumpkin Pattern
- 12 Styrofoam Crafts for Adults
- Craft Chameleon
- Printable Halloween Hershey Bar Wrappers
- Printable Halloween Hershey Kisses Labels
- DIY Halloween Mummy Candy Tubes
- 21 DIY Steampunk Jewelry Designs and Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home