Hello There Flower Pot Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "These adorable stenciled flower pots make a perfect happy home for succulents or herbs or any other small indoor plant. This tutorial shows you how to make a custom stencil and turn boring planters into cute cheerful and welcoming ones!"
Garden crafts and DIY outdoor ideas are the perfect crafting way to herald in a new spring or summer season. DIY craft ideas like these adorable Hello There Flower Pot Crafts allow you to add some color to boring, old gardening supplies. While terra cotta pots are brilliantly designed for planting all of your favorite plants, they are not brilliantly designed for every space. The orange hue can look out of place in a home or outdoor space that is all light colors and pastels. Painting terra cotta pots offers a brilliant solution to this decorating woe.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Terracotta pots
- Outdoor craft paint
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Cutting machine or craft knife
Did You Know?
The phrase terra cotta (often spelled as one word – terracotta) comes from the Latin phrase terra cocta. Terra cocta is roughly translated to mean baked earth. This type of clay or earthenware is especially porous after being baked in a kiln, making it the perfect material for garden pots and garden pot crafts because it does not retain too much water. Terra cotta is generally a natural brownish or orange hue and can vary widely depending on the materials within the clay.
Because terra cotta is porous clay, it often requires a lot of prep work before being used in sculptures or art. Generally, this clay needs to be covered with a coat of gesso, a mixture of white paint, chalk, and gypsum. This makes it much easier to paint intricate designs atop the often rough and dusty surface of terra cotta pots.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone learns at a young age how to color inside the lines, but it's so much more fun to color outside of them, isn't it? Color the… Continue reading: "Color Outside the Lines Adult Coloring Page"
- Glow In The Dark Plastic Water Bottle Bowling
- Clay Pot Garden Angel
- DIY PVC birds
- Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
- Bug Off! Easy DIY Mosquito Repellent Citronella Luminaries
- Shower Caddy as a Vertical Wall Planter
- Wood Spoon Garden Markers
- 22 Quarantine Friendly Backyard Activities
- Mini Succulent Planters
- Lilac Rose Petals Luminary
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chinese Pixie Amigurumi Doll
- Woodland Leaf Fairy Amigurumi Doll
- Pressed Flower Candle Diy
- Dc Superhero Popsicle Stick Puppets
- Printable Grinch Word Search
- One Hour Crochet Bag
- Printable Elf on the Shelf Activities
- Homemade Photo Coasters
- Gift Card Holder (Free Printables!)
- Lace Back Tee
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home