Hello There Flower Pot Crafts
By: Cassie May from littleredwindow.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "These adorable stenciled flower pots make a perfect happy home for succulents or herbs or any other small indoor plant. This tutorial shows you how to make a custom stencil and turn boring planters into cute cheerful and welcoming ones!"
Garden crafts and DIY outdoor ideas are the perfect crafting way to herald in a new spring or summer season. DIY craft ideas like these adorable Hello There Flower Pot Crafts allow you to add some color to boring, old gardening supplies. While terra cotta pots are brilliantly designed for planting all of your favorite plants, they are not brilliantly designed for every space. The orange hue can look out of place in a home or outdoor space that is all light colors and pastels. Painting terra cotta pots offers a brilliant solution to this decorating woe.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Terracotta pots
- Outdoor craft paint
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Cutting machine or craft knife
Did You Know?
The phrase terra cotta (often spelled as one word – terracotta) comes from the Latin phrase terra cocta. Terra cocta is roughly translated to mean baked earth. This type of clay or earthenware is especially porous after being baked in a kiln, making it the perfect material for garden pots and garden pot crafts because it does not retain too much water. Terra cotta is generally a natural brownish or orange hue and can vary widely depending on the materials within the clay.
Because terra cotta is porous clay, it often requires a lot of prep work before being used in sculptures or art. Generally, this clay needs to be covered with a coat of gesso, a mixture of white paint, chalk, and gypsum. This makes it much easier to paint intricate designs atop the often rough and dusty surface of terra cotta pots.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felting Wool Sweaters
- Most Adorable Pom Pom Easter Eggs
- Ways to Make Your Own Felt + 11 Felt Crafts
- Easter Bunny Family Lawn Decoration
- Easy Christmas Stocking
- Bed Pillow Cases with Ties
- Easy Potholders
- Fleece Ear Warmer Headband
- The Bigger & Better Baby Bib
- Simple Canvas Tote