How to Make a Jingle Bell Windchime
When the holidays are over and the weather gets warmer, you can still show your love for jingle bells with some garden craft ideas. Learn how to make a Jingle Bell Windchime that looks amazing. Fashioned using a children's bicycle wheel, leather belts, and old bells, this DIY project is truly a site to behold. When you learn how to make DIY wind chimes, you cut out the need to head to a home decoration store. You'll want to spend all of your time (or at least open the windows) once you complete this project.
- Children's bicycle wheel
- Several old leather belts
- An assortment of bells (I used old carriage bells from my great grandparents. Think about using family heirlooms for this wind chime, also)
Give your garden a boost with the projects featured in Garden Crafts. This free downloadable eBook is filled with DIY gardening ideas, spring crafts, and more. If you want to brighten up your otdoor space but aren't sure how to get started, check out this collection and start rounding up some garden craft ideas.
- Drill four holes in rim of wheel, each of them opposite the other in a T pattern.
- Cut out strips of leather in varying lengths leaving the buckle on the longest length.
- String the leather strip with the buckle into the middle of the wheel and tie a know to hold it in place. This leather strip and buckle will serve as the hanger and the holder for the largest bell.
- Attach the rest of the leather strips to the wheel using 24 gauge wire.
- Attach the bells to the bottom of each leather strip with the same wire.
Free Craft Video: How To Make a Jingle Bell Windchime
Even if the weather is cloudy and cool, you can still make DIY garden crafts to brighten your day. The projects featured in 12 Easy Garden Crafts include decorated clay pots, garden stakes and more. Even if your outdoor space consists of a clay pot on a stoop, you can find DIY gardening ideas to inspire your crafting.
To make this free craft pattern, we recommend the following materials. They are all available at a great discount at CutRateCrafts.com!