25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women
By: Melissa Conner, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Get in the mood for fall with these 25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women. Filled with cardigans, turtlenecks, and classic sweater patterns, these easy knit sweater patterns are great to make for the cooler autumn and winter months.
With this collection of classic easy knit sweater patterns, you can make off the shoulder sweaters, v neck sweaters, and classic standbys that will last you for years to come.
If you're looking for something more cozy and comfy, check out our collection of solid and patterned knit turtleneck sweater patterns. Oversized sweaters like these are perfect for wearing in winter...even better when you include a good book and a nice hot cup of cocoa!
Table of Contents
If you want a cute accessory to go along with your new sweater, these scarf patterns are perfect for all kinds of knitters, people, and genders: Knitted Scarf Patterns: 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
Classic Easy Knit Sweater Patterns
These classic easy knit sweater patterns are great to make for yourself or as a gift. You can easily customize and change these patterns to make the sweater the color of your choice.
- Casual PulloverThis long rib knit sweater is great to wear for any occasion. You could use it to layer an outfit or wear it during an afternoon walk in the park.
- Colorful Striped SweaterIf you're searching for free knitted sweater patterns for women, be sure to check out this v neck striped knit sweater. Made with bright and colorful yarn, this sweater pattern is sure to please anyone!
- Antalia SweaterEasy knit sweater patterns like this are great for intermediate knitters. This lovely sweater has beautiful butterfly sleeves that everyone is sure to admire.
- Boatneck Sweater in Bold StripesCold winter nights are perfect for wearing this boatneck nubby knit sweater. It's cozy and warm and just the thing to cuddle up in by the fireplace.
- Comfortable Sweater JacketThis cable knit buttoned sweater is great if you need free knitted sweater patterns for women. You can make this cozy sweater jacket in all your favorite colors so you always have something on hand to keep you nice and warm!
- Knit Satin Off the Shoulder SweaterIf you want something soft and feminine, this furry knit sweater is just the thing. This comfortable and soft yarn makes this sweater great for evenings out or casual dinner parties.
- Short Sleeve Hooded SweaterFree knitted sweater patterns for women aren't only for winter! This v neck rib knit sweater is great for the spring and autumn, too. Embellish it with fun buttons for a sweater you'll find yourself coming back to again and again.
- Split Neck SweaterThis beginner level sweater is easy and fun to make. It's a great oversized cable knit sweater to have on hand for cold offices, shopping adventures and more.
- Optional Knit JacketThis knit jacket from Bernat Yarns is perfect for someone who likes options. You can create it with a collar or with a hood. This is a great free knitting pattern as you can make many and have them still look different.
Solid and Patterned Knit Turtleneck Sweater Patterns
If you love the comfort of a solid or patterned knit turtleneck sweater, you're going to love these free knitted sweater patterns for women! These sweaters are big and cozy, great for that cold winter frost.
- Mock Snowflake TurtleneckThis snowflake sweater knitting pattern is great for intermediate knitters. This two tone knit sweater is great for the holidays and makes a wonderful stocking stuffer for a loved one.
- Tunic Cable Turtleneck SweaterThis lovely scoopneck cable knit sweater is great if you love free knitted sweater patterns. For women, this sweater is a must have. You can wear it for holiday gatherings, office parties, and family get togethers.
- Chunky Knit TurtleneckWondering how to wear cable knit sweaters? They look great with jeans or slacks, espcially this oversized cable knit sweater! It's so comfortable and great for all skill levels.
- Cozy Red PulloverThis dotted knit sweater is so fun and colorful! Free knitted sweater patterns for women make great gifts for any reason, and this fun and spotted sweater is no exception!
- Fair Isles Knit SweaterMore advanced knitters will love this Fair Isles sweater pattern. This contrast trim cable knit sweater is perfect for St. Patrick's Day...and great for those who love the look of Irish sweaters.
- Goncho Fleur de Lis SweaterThis slouchy oversized cable knit sweater is perfect for lazy winter weekends. You can make this dotted knit sweater in any color you'd like.
- Ribbed Tunic with Miltered SquaresKnit tunic sweater with miltered square border - it is elegant and fun for everyday or a special occasion.
Free Knitted Cardigan Patterns
Free knitted cardigan patterns are great for ladies! These cable cardigan sweater patterns, lace cable cardigan patterns, and other free knitted cardigan patterns are great tutorials to add to your favorites collection.
- Lacy Knit CardiganThis lace cable cardigan pattern is great for layering. You could wear it any time of year and no collection of free knitted sweater patterns for women would be complete without a sweater like this!
- Cable Cardigan with HoodCable cardigan sweater patterns are great to have on hand. This advanced pattern is beautiful and no one will believe that you made it yourself!
- Tea Time CardiganFree knitted sweater patterns for women are great to make for all your best girlfriends. This Tea Time Cardigan is elegant and stunning and great for all occasions.
- Zig Zag CardiganFree knitted cardigan patterns, like this zig zag pattern, are great for mixing and matching colors. Make one in all your favorite colors and make over your wardrobe in no time.
- Neutral Knit CardiganThis knit cardigan is great for beginners, especially if you're looking for free knitted sweater patterns for women. This lace cable cardigan pattern can be used to dress up any outfit.
- Long Cardigan JacketFree knitted cardigan patterns, like this long cardigan jacket, are great for fall. Grab this sweater before taking your weekend walk and enjoy the beauty of nature as you show off your handmade sweater!
- Comfy CardiganFree knitted sweater patterns for women are perfect for adding a little something special to a favorite dress. This Comfy Cardigan is great for that, and with the ease of this pattern, you can make a sweater in all your favorite colors!
- Comfortable Pocket CardiganCable cardigan sweater patterns can be comfy and cozy, and this pocket cardigan is perfect! You can make free knitted cardigan patterns like this with ease...and maybe even have time to make one in another color!
- Cardigan Wrap with Lace CollarThis lovely and elegant cardigan is great for any occasion, and the light lace accent makes it the perfect soft and feminine accent.
- Big Knit Easy Blanket SweaterThis oversized blanket sweater is very easy to knit and works up fairly quickly with large needles and chunky yarn.
If you need a little extra help for beginners, peruse this collection when you are first learning how to knit: 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stefanie Girard
- Felting Wool Sweaters
- Most Adorable Pom Pom Easter Eggs
- Ways to Make Your Own Felt + 11 Felt Crafts
- Easter Bunny Family Lawn Decoration
- Easy Christmas Stocking
- Bed Pillow Cases with Ties
- Easy Potholders
- Fleece Ear Warmer Headband
- The Bigger & Better Baby Bib