We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Wrap up in cuddly goodness with this Comfy Cardigan. This is an easy knitting pattern that anyone can make with ease! Show off your hand knit cardigans when you go to the store to buy more yarn so you can have one in every color! This Comfy Cardigan is a great example of something you can keep in your wardrobe all year long, as it easily transitions between seasons. Use it to dress up or down, and pair it with a belt for some extra cuteness. No matter what color yarn you use to make this sweater, you're sure to impress friends and family alike with your knitting (and fashion) skills!
Woman’s Small (Medium, Large, XLarge, XXLarge, XXXLarge)
- 6 (7, 8, 8, 9, 10) balls Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron yarn in Teal(ish)
- U.S. size 9 (5.5 mm) and U.S. size 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles,or size to obtain gauge
- One circular knitting needle size U.S. 7 (4.5 mm), 29"/73.5 or 32”/81.5 long
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In Stitch pattern using larger needle, 18 sts and 23 rows = 4"/10 cm
- M1-L (Make One-Left): Insert left needle from front to back into the horizontal strand between the last stitch worked and the first st on the left needle. Knit this strand through the back loop.
- M1-R (Make One-Right): Insert left needle from back to front into the horizontal strand between the last stitch worked and the next stitch on the left needle. Knit this strand through the front loop.
- Large Rib (multiple of 7 plus 5)
- Bust: 39 ½ (42 ½, 49, 52, 58, 61)"/99.5 (108, 124.5, 132, 147.5, 155)cm
- Length: 24 (24 ¼, 24 ½, 24 ¾, 25, 25)"/61 (61.5, 62, 63, 63.5, 63.5)cm
Body of garment is worked in one piece beginning at lower back, dividing at shoulders and ending at lower front. Sleeves are worked separately.
- Row 1 (WS): P5, *k2, p5, rep from * across.
- Row 2 (RS): K5, *p2, k5, rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for Large Rib.
- Opework Rib Pattern (multiple of 7 plus 5):
- Row 1 (RS): K5, *yo, k2tog, k5, rep from * across.
- Row 2: Purl.
- Row 3: K5, *k2tog, yo, k5, rep from * across.
- Row 4: Purl.
- Rep Rows 1-4 for Openwork Rib patt.
- 2x2 Rib (multiple of 4 plus 2):
- Row 1 (WS): P2, *k2, p2, rep from * across.
- Row 2 (RS): K2, *p2, k2, rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for 2x2 rib.
- With larger needles, CO 89 (96, 110, 117, 131, 138). Rep Rows 1 and 2 of Large Rib twice, then rep Row 1. Beg Openwork Rib patt and work even until piece measures 23 ¼ (23 ½, 23 ¾, 24, 24 ¼, 24 ¼)" from beg, ending with a WSR.
- Next row (RS): Work in patt across 28 (30, 36, 39, 46, 49) sts, k2tog, k2 for right front, join new ball of yarn and BO next 25 (28, 30, 31, 31, 32) sts for back, k2, ssk, patt to end for left front—31 (33, 39, 42, 49, 52) sts each front.
- Next row: Purl.
- Next row: On right front, work in patt across 27 (29, 35, 38, 45, 48) sts, k2tog, k2; on left front, k2, ssk, patt to end--30 (32, 38, 41, 48, 51) sts rem for each front.
- Next row: Purl. Mark this row as shoulder.
- Work even until piece measures 7" above back neck BO.
- Inc row (RS): On right front, work in patt to last 2 sts, M1-L, k2; on left front, k2, M1-R, patt to end.
- Maintaining patt rep inc row every 4 rows 0 (0, 2, 4, 0, 3) times, every 6 rows 11 (15, 14, 13, 16, 14) times, then every 8 rows 3 (0, 0, 0, 0, 0) times--45 (48, 55, 59, 65, 69) sts each front. Work even until front measures same as back from shoulder to beg of rib, ending with a WS row.
- Next row (RS): On right front, (k5, p2) 6 (6, 7, 8, 9, 9) times, k3 (6, 6, 3, 2, 6); on left front, k3 (6, 6, 3, 2, 6), (p2, k5) 6 (6, 7, 8, 9, 9) times.
- Work in Large Rib for 5 rows, BO in patt.
- With smaller ndls, CO 47 (54, 54, 61, 68, 68). Work Large Rib for 2", ending with a WS Row. Change to larger ndls and Openwork Rib patt, inc 1 st each end of row every 6 rows 7 times working added sts into patt—61 (68, 68, 75, 82, 82) sts. Work even until piece measures 10 ¾ (10 ¾, 10 ¼, 10 ½, 9 ½, 9 ¾)", ending with a WS row. BO all sts.
- Matching center st of sleeve to shoulder marker, sew sleeves to body. Sew sleeve and side seams.
- With RS facing, using circular ndl, beg at right front lower edge, pick up and k258 (262, 266, 270, 270, 274) sts up right front, around back neck and down left front. Do not join. Work in 2x2 rib for 5 rows, ending with WS row, BO in rib.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Create A Heart Template
- Mitered Corners
- How To Sew A Four Patch Quilt Block
- Easy Half Square Triangles
- Diy Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Wreath
- Easy You Spice Up My Life Diy Valentine's Day Gifts With Printables
- Winter Walk Cap
- Valentine's Day Potpourri With Essential Oils
- Kindness Changes Everything DIY Tote Bag
- Printable Bible Verses About Joy
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home