18 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
By: The Editors of Favecrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Our favorite shawl and poncho knitting patterns are available here. Warm up by wrapping yourself in a knit shawl or poncho that's easy to make and appropriate for all types of weather!
The free shawl knitting patterns are a perfect excuse to save a few dollars on gifts this year - your friends will love it. The knit poncho pattern is easy to make and trendy for the cool weather!
Table of Contents
There's never a bad time to learn how to knit or simply practice your skills. The easy knitting patterns featured in Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns are perfect for beginners but still fun to complete if you're an expert. This free downloadable eBook features knitting patterns for scarves, slippers and even onesies. Plus, there are tons of free knitted shawl patterns to keep you busy. Get your copy today: Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Easy Lace ShawlThis lace shawl knitting pattern creates a pretty wrap for the colder months. The pattern is quick and easy, requiring no seaming, but looks impressive.
- Three Seasons ShawlGreat for spring, fall, or winter, you will enjoy knitting and wearing this soft, luxurious shawl.
- Emily's Circular Lace ShawlThis round knit shawl is perfect for any season. Use it to add color to a tee shirt and jeans or a nice dress ensemble.
- Quick and Easy ShawlKnit a quick and easy yet elegant shawl to wrap up in the evenings. This free shawl knitting pattern from Patons is easy enough for beginners.
More Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Knotted Lace Triangle ShawlThis is an easy and fun knit shawl pattern for beginners. Best of all, you can make it with one ball of yarn!
- Princess ShawlThis beautiful Princess Shawl from Red Heart Yarn was inspired by Princess Kate, who was seen wearing one very similar. A knitted shawl is a great fashion staple, as it's great to wear year round and can easily be dressed up or dressed down.
- Stella Luna Lace ShawlThis beautiful free knitting pattern will remind you of the Victorian era. Throw it over a fancy dress and head out the door to a party or wedding.
- Knit Pear Sorbet ShawletteSure, free knitted shawl patterns are great, but shawlette's are even better. This shrunken shawl is the perfect complement to any outfit.
- Skylark Knit Shawl PatternSoar above the rest style-wise, when you knit and purl this stunning shawl that features a sunset of colors.
Free Knit Poncho Patterns
- Knit Poncho with ButtonsThis is a chic collared poncho that layers well for those winters when you want extra warmth. It is super trendy so try it out.
- Cable Half PonchoKeep warm and stylish without all the fuss with this cable half-poncho knitting pattern. Though the intricate cable design makes this an intermediate knitting pattern, finishing this knit poncho is much easier than a traditional sweater.
- Jazzy PonchoLooking for something light and fun to wear? This poncho is it! It's easy to make and great for wearing any time of year!
- Easy Triangle PonchoGreat for knitters of all skill levels, this simple triangle poncho is a great staple for any wardrobe collection.
- Beaded PonchoThis Beaded Poncho has a chic shape and cool color pallet. It's great for crisp fall days and calls to mind images of tree-lined streets. Best of all, this beginner knitting pattern is free!
More Free Knit Poncho Patterns
- This two-piece knit poncho pattern is for women of all shapes and sizes. It is quick and easy to make and looks great in every color.
- Pretty Turtleneck PonchoThis pretty turtleneck poncho from Bernat Yarns is every bit cozy as it is beautiful . Look stylish without even trying with this free knitting pattern from Bernat.
- Easy Kids' Knit PonchoFree poncho knitting patterns are perfect for adults and kids alike. Make a teeny tiny poncho and give it to your favorite little one.
- Magical Hooded PonchoKeep warm with this cozy and convenient free knitting pattern. Featuring a fun hood, this poncho is a winter and fall essential.
Everyone loves free shawl knitting patterns, so be sure to explore all of the great patterns featured in our collection of 25 Sensational Shawls: Free Patterns to Knit and Crochet. This roundup features both free shawl knitting patterns and crochet patterns, too. You'll never get bored when you have these great projects on hand, so be sure to save this list for an uneventful afternoon. Make one of these free shawl knitting patternsfor yourself but be sure to make one for someone you love as well. Get the collection: 25 Sensational Shawls: Free Patterns to Knit and Crochet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 26 Great Trash-to-Treasure Crafts
- Quick and Easy Crochet Butterfly
- 36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
- Hooded Baby Towel & Washcloths
- Pom Pom Burp Cloths
- Honey Bliss Baby Sundress
- Free Baby Swaddle Pattern
- 33 Recycled Handmade Paper Crafts
- DIY Glitter Loafer Shoes Refashion
- Baja Blanket Sweater