23 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
These knitted poncho patterns and shawls are incredibly beautiful.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Our favorite shawl and poncho knitting patterns are available here. Warm up by wrapping yourself in a knit shawl or poncho that's easy to make and appropriate for all types of weather!
The free shawl knitting patterns are a perfect excuse to save a few dollars on gifts this year - your friends will love it. The knit poncho pattern is easy to make and trendy for the cool weather!
Table of Contents
There's never a bad time to learn how to knit or simply practice your skills. The easy knitting patterns featured in Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns are perfect for beginners but still fun to complete if you're an expert. This free downloadable eBook features knitting patterns for scarves, slippers and even onesies. Plus, there are tons of free knitted shawl patterns to keep you busy. Get your copy today: Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
Free Knit Poncho Patterns
These knitted poncho patterns are all so varied from pattern to pattern. Find adorable half ponchos like the one pictured, or go full out and make a giant, flowy, cozy option. These patterns below are lovely and definitely worth your time. If you give them as gifts, they will be so loved by the recipients.
- Knit Poncho with ButtonsThis is a chic collared poncho that layers well for those winters when you want extra warmth. It is super trendy so try it out.
- Cable Half PonchoKeep warm and stylish without all the fuss with this cable half-poncho knitting pattern. Though the intricate cable design makes this an intermediate knitting pattern, finishing this knit poncho is much easier than a traditional sweater.
- Jazzy PonchoLooking for something light and fun to wear? This knitted poncho is it! It's easy to make and great for wearing any time of year!
- Easy Triangle PonchoGreat for knitters of all skill levels, this simple triangle poncho is a great staple for any wardrobe collection.
- Beaded PonchoThis Beaded Poncho has a chic shape and cool color pallet. It's great for crisp fall days and calls to mind images of tree-lined streets. Best of all, this beginner knitting pattern is free!
- Becky CowlPoncho meets cowl with this knitting pattern. Longer in back and shorter in front, this cozy pattern will be your best layering friend this season.
More Free Knitting Patterns for Ponchos or Capes
Still looking to learn how to knit a poncho? Find more of our favorite knitting patterns for ponchos below!
- Two Piece Knit Poncho PatternThis two-piece knit poncho pattern is for women of all shapes and sizes. It is quick and easy to make and looks great in every color.
- Pretty Turtleneck PonchoThis pretty turtleneck poncho from Bernat Yarns is every bit cozy as it is beautiful. Look stylish without even trying with this free knitting pattern from Bernat.
- Easy Kids' Knit PonchoFree poncho knitting patterns are perfect for adults and kids alike. Make a teeny tiny poncho and give it to your favorite little one.
- Magical Hooded PonchoKeep warm with this cozy and convenient free knitting pattern. Featuring a fun hood, this poncho is a winter and fall essential.
- Soft Shoulder Knitted CowlHalf cowl, have poncho, this mid-sized pattern is ultra cozy to put under a fall jacket and layer over your favorite sweater.
Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Easy Lace ShawlThis lace shawl knitting pattern creates a pretty wrap for the colder months. The pattern is quick and easy, requiring no seaming, but looks impressive.
- Three Seasons ShawlGreat for spring, fall, or winter, you will enjoy knitting and wearing this soft, luxurious shawl.
- Emily's Circular Lace ShawlThis round knit shawl is perfect for any season. Use it to add color to a tee shirt and jeans or a nice dress ensemble.
- Just Meshing AroundThis knit shawl pattern is lightly knit with a worsted weight yarn so you can wear it in summer or layer it with more clothing for the cooler months.
- Knit Pear Sorbet ShawletteSure, free knitted shawl patterns are great, but shawlette's are even better. This shrunken shawl is the perfect complement to any outfit.
- Easiest Ever Triangle Wrap PatternThis light and airy, easy triangle wrap can be worn like a scarf, small shawlette or simple cover-up.
More Knit Shawl Patterns
- Knotted Lace Triangle ShawlThis is an easy and fun knit shawl pattern for beginners. Best of all, you can make it with one ball of yarn!
- Princess ShawlThis beautiful Princess Shawl from Red Heart Yarn was inspired by Princess Kate, who was seen wearing one very similar. A knitted shawl is a great fashion staple, as it's great to wear year round and can easily be dressed up or dressed down.
- Stella Luna Lace ShawlThis beautiful free knitting pattern will remind you of the Victorian era. Throw it over a fancy dress and head out the door to a party or wedding.
- Quick and Easy ShawlKnit a quick and easy yet elegant shawl to wrap up in the evenings. This free shawl knitting pattern from Patons is easy enough for beginners.
- Skylark Knit Shawl PatternSoar above the rest style-wise, when you knit and purl this stunning shawl that features a sunset of colors.
- Easy Cranberry ShawlThis project is perfect for a novice shawl knitter because it is predominantly garter stitch and will not require much blocking to keep the fabric flat and even.
Everyone loves free shawl knitting patterns, so be sure to explore all of the great patterns featured in our collection of 25 Sensational Shawls: Free Patterns to Knit and Crochet. This roundup features both knitting patterns and crochet patterns. You'll never get bored when you have these great projects on hand, so be sure to save this list for an uneventful afternoon. Make one of these shawl patterns for yourself but be sure to make one for someone you love as well. Get the collection: 25 Sensational Shawls: Free Patterns to Knit and Crochet
Which do you prefer to knit: shawls or ponchos? Why?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Foam Flowering Cactus
- Rustrel Top
- Crochet Cactus Potholders
- Decoupaged Paper Mache Vases
- Unassuming Socks
- 6 Tips for Taking Your Crochet Outdoors for the Summer
- Crochet Baby Flip Flops Sandals Design
- Tie-Dye Pillow
- Beautiful Foam Ornamental Cabbage
- Beach Cottage Home Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home