19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
By: Caley Walsh, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep warm in the chilly months with a well-made knit hat. Save money on winter accessories and take up a relaxing hobby with this collection of free hat knitting patterns.
Knit hats require very little yarn, making them quick and thrifty holiday gifts. When you learn how to knit a hat, you can make matching scarves, mittens and other accessories for a stylish look.
Even beginner knitters can find an easy hat to make in this collection of free hat knitting patterns.
Table of Contents
Learn to knit a scarf pattern, make funky baby clothes, and knit shabby chic decorating items with all these easy knitting patterns in our free eBook Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
Easy Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting PatternThis hat may look intricate in design, but it's surpisingly easy to make. Learn how to knit a hat that both men and women to wear.
- Snowboarder Hat Knitting PatternPerfect for a trip to the snow country, this hat is fashionable and fun to wear. Make it in your favorite colors and show it off to all your friends on your next ski trip.
- Boucle Mittens and Matching BeretThis classic beret is great to add to your ensemble. Wear these Ffree hat knitting patterns any time of year and knit up matching scarves or cloves to complete the look.
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting PatternNo hat is complete without a fun pom pom! This Chunky Cable Hat can be made in any color you'd like, and is fun to wear.
- His and Hers Winter HatsYou and your loved one can wear matching knitted hat patterns this winter. Great as a Christmas gift for a recently married couple, free hat knitting patterns are easy and fun to make!
Free Hat Knittings Patterns with Matching Scarves
- Cable Knit Scarf and HatYou can mix and match colors in this hat/scarf combination. The scarf is nice and thick, so it will keep you warm, and the hat is a fun addition to your winter wardrobe.
- Men's Winter Hat and ScarfThis matching hat and scarf set makes a great gift for the man in your life. Combined with a black jacket, this knitted hat pattern looks sharp and sophisticated.
- Ribbed Hat and Scarf for ChildYou can make free hat knitting patterns in any color you'd like! Great for kids of all ages, this easy solid winter set also makes a great gift.
- Diagonal Hat and Scarf Knitting PatternFree knit hat patterns are great for little girls and boys. Make sure your little ones are bundled up nice and warm before they head out to go play in the snow!
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for MenThis easy to make hat and scarf set makes a great gift for any guy. You could even change the yarn color and make a set for yourself!
Free Hat Knitting Patterns for Babies and Children
- Baby Jester HatThis is a fun and adorable hat for babies of all ages! Who wouldn't go crazy for easy hat knitting patterns like this?
- Stretchy Baby Hat Knitting PatternThe great thing about this knitted hat pattern is that it can grow along with your baby. It's made to have some stretch, so this hat is sure to last a long time.
- Lacy Child's HatThis is the perfect hat for a little girl. The lacy look and fun pom pom on the end is sure to please little snow bunnies of all ages!
- Silly Hair Hats for KidsGreat for Halloween or just as a fun hat to wear, this silly hair hat is sure to please. You could even make the hair golden yellow and have a Rupunzel costume in no time!
- Cuddly Bear HatKnit up this sweet teddy bear hat for the new little one in your life. Perfect for a baby girl or boy, this hat makes a great gift for a new baby and is sure to please mommy's and babies alike!
Free Hat Knitting Patterns for Loom
- Broken Rib Hat and ScarfFree knit patterns make great gifts and are also a fun project to make for yourself.
- Cozy Ribbed HatThis cozy thick hat is sure to keep your head warm on even the coldest of days! You can use this pattern to create hats for men and women.
- Double Knit Hat with EarflapsIf you're going on a ski trip this winter or plan to spend some time outside enjoying winter sports, be sure to knit up one of these earflap hats! It's easy to make and looks professionally done...no one will believe you made it yourself!
- Stripe Hat in Rib StitchThis classic striped hat pattern is great for everyone. You can change the colors to be whatever you'd like. This is a great hat for showing school spirit!
If you liked these patterns, you're sure these other free knitting patterns! If you are brand new to knitting, check out some of our favorite free hat knitting patterns, scarf patterns and more: 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Vintage Tie Up Headband Knitting Pattern
- Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Double Knit Hat with Earflaps
- Father and Son Knit Caps
- Bright Knit Hats and Mittens Holiday Decorations
- Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Painted Patriotic Decor
- Upcycled Box Party Tray
- All-American Upcycled Can
- DIY Captain America Notebook
- Upcycled Party Lanterns
- Jar Decorations for Summer
- Mason Jar Wedding Centerpieces
- Make Mosquito Repellent Candles
- Bug Jar That Glows in the Dark
- Custom Candles in a Jar Shape