27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
Whether you want a beanie hat knitting pattern, a bun hat, or a fun pom pom hat, we've got you covered.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep warm in the chilly months with a well-made knit hat. Save money on winter accessories and take up a relaxing hobby with this collection of free hat knitting patterns.
Knit hats require very little yarn, making them quick and thrifty holiday gifts. When you learn how to knit a hat, you can make matching knit scarves, mittens, and other accessories for a stylish look.
Find hats for everyone on your list, including women, men, children, and babies! Even beginner knitters can find an easy hat to make in this collection of knitted hat patterns.
Table of Contents
Learn to knit a scarf pattern, make funky baby clothes, and knit shabby chic decorating items with all these easy knitting patterns in our free eBook Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
Easy Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting PatternThis hat may look intricate in design, but it's surpisingly easy to make. Learn how to knit a hat that both men and women to wear.
- Snowboarder Hat Knitting PatternPerfect for a trip to the snow country, this hat is fashionable and fun to wear. Make it in your favorite colors and show it off to all your friends on your next ski trip.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted HatIf you're new to knitting or have never knitted a hat before, this hat is perfect for you! It's an easy pattern with basic ribbing.
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting PatternNo hat is complete without a fun pom pom! This Chunky Cable Hat can be made in any color you'd like, and is fun to wear.
- His and Hers Winter HatsYou and your loved one can wear matching knitted hat patterns this winter. Great as a Christmas gift for a recently married couple, free beanie knitting patterns are easy and fun to make!
- Bulky Mustard Knit BeanieThis chunky knit hat pattern is free and perfect for beginners. Chunky yarn works up faster than lighter weights, making this great for new knitters.
- Sweet-ish Knit Hat PatternIf you're a fan of the heart motif, make sure to check out this pattern! Hearts make this a darling project for any time of year, but especially Valentine's Day.
- Garter Rib Beanie This unisex hat won’t take much time or energy to finish using a bulky yarn and easy stitch pattern. Choose a neutral color so you can wear it season after season!
Free Hat Knittings Patterns with Matching Scarves
- Cable Knit Scarf and HatYou can mix and match colors in this hat/scarf combination. The scarf is nice and thick, so it will keep you warm, and the hat is a fun addition to your winter wardrobe.
- Men's Winter Hat and ScarfThis matching hat and scarf set makes a great gift for the man in your life. Combined with a black jacket, this beanie hat knitting pattern looks sharp and sophisticated.
- Ribbed Hat and Scarf for ChildYou can make knit hats in any color you'd like! Great for kids of all ages, this easy solid winter set also makes a great gift.
- Diagonal Hat and Scarf Knitting PatternFree knit hat patterns are great for little girls and boys. Make sure your little ones are bundled up nice and warm before they head out to go play in the snow!
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for MenThis easy to make hat and scarf set makes a great gift for any guy. You could even change the yarn color and make a set for yourself!
- Boucle Mittens and Matching BeretThis classic beret is great to add to your ensemble. Wear these knitting patterns for hats any time of year and knit up matching scarves or cloves to complete the look.
Hat Knitting Patterns for Babies and Children
- Baby Jester HatThis is a fun and adorable hat for babies of all ages! Who wouldn't go crazy for a knitted hat pattern like this?
- Stretchy Baby Hat Knitting PatternThe great thing about this knitted hat pattern is that it can grow along with your baby. It's made to have some stretch, so this hat is sure to last a long time.
- Lacy Child's HatThis is the perfect hat for a little girl. The lacy look and fun pom pom on the end is sure to please little snow bunnies of all ages!
- Silly Hair Hats for KidsGreat for Halloween or just as a fun hat to wear, this silly hair hat is sure to please. You could even make the hair golden yellow and have a Rupunzel costume in no time!
- Cuddly Bear HatKnit up this sweet teddy bear hat for the new little one in your life. Perfect for a baby girl or boy, this hat makes a great gift for a new baby and is sure to please mommy's and babies alike!
- Mommy and Me Knit Hat PatternsMake a darling kitty hat for your child and a matching adult version! Don't worry: you won't find kitty ears on the adult hat, but both patterns are darling and so easy to make!
- Adorable Chunky Pom Knit Toddler Hat PatternThis pattern is knit flat and seamed---perfect for beginners! Plus it works up quickly with super bulky yarn and large knittng needles.
Loom Knit Hat Patterns
- Broken Rib Hat and ScarfFree knit patterns make great gifts and are also a fun project to make for yourself.
- Cozy Ribbed HatThis cozy thick hat is sure to keep your head warm on even the coldest of days! You can use this pattern to create hats for men and women.
- Double Knit Hat with EarflapsIf you're going on a ski trip this winter or plan to spend some time outside enjoying winter sports, be sure to knit up one of these earflap hats! It's easy to make and looks professionally done...no one will believe you made it yourself!
- Stripe Hat in Rib StitchThis classic striped hat pattern is great for everyone. You can change the colors to be whatever you'd like. This is a great hat for showing school spirit!
- Loom Knit Messy Bun HatThe messy bun hat trend is on fire right now, and gorgeous colorful yarn will make for a truly fun new hat. It's a fantastic easy pattern!
- Bright and Colorful Loom Knit HatA loom knit hat is probably one of the easiest things ever. These hats are perfect for beginners and experts alike.
If you liked these patterns, you're sure these other free knitting patterns! If you are brand new to knitting, check out some of our favorite easy knitting patterns for scarves and more: 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
Do you prefer hats with pom poms or without?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home