Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Cables and ribs make this a great free knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns for any man. The Softee chunky yarn is nice and soft as it sounds. This pattern is for your intermediate knitter.
Hat: To fit Child 6/10 yrs (Man).
Scarf: Approx 8 ins [20.5 cm] wide x 60 ins [152.5 cm] long.
- Bernat® Softee Chunky
- (100 g / 3.5 oz; 164 m / 180 yds)
- Both Sizes
- Hat (Scarf-Set)
- 39046 (Grey Heather) 1 (2-3) ball(s)
Sizes 5 mm (U.S. 8) and 6 mm (U.S. 10) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
C2B = Knit into front of 2nd stitch on left hand needle, then knit into front of 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together.
C2F = Knit into back of 2nd stitch on left hand needle, then knit into front of 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together.
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger size the instructions will be written thus ( ). When only one number is given, it applies to both sizes. For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to your size.
With smaller needles, cast on 65 (73) sts.
1st row: (RS). K1. *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P1. *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows of (K1. P1) ribbing until work from beg measures 3 (4) ins [7.5 (10) cm], ending with a 2nd row.
Change to larger needles and proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). P1. *K1. P2. C2B. K1. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: *K2. P3. K2. yf. Sl1P. yb. Rep from * to last st. K1.
3rd row: P1. *K1. P2. K1. C2F. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
4th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 4 rows of Pat until work from beg measures 9 (11) ins [23 (28) cm], ending with a 2nd row of pat.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). P1. *K1. P2tog. K1. C2F. P2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 49 (55) sts.
2nd row: *K1. P3. K1. yf. Sl1P. yb. Rep from * to last st. K1.
3rd row: P1. *ssk. C2B. ssk. Rep from * to end of row. 33 (37) sts.
4th row: *P3. Sl1P. Rep from * to last st. K1.
5th row: *K1. K2tog. Rep from * to last 1 (0) st. K1 (0). 25 (28) sts.
6th row: Purl.
7th row: *K2tog. Rep from * to last 1 (0) st. K1 (0). 13 (14) sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts. Draw up tightly and fasten securely. Sew back seam, reversing seam 2 (3) ins [5 (7.5) cm] above cast on edge for turn back.
With larger needles, cast on 31 sts.
1st row: (RS). *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
Rep last row of Seed St Pat 5 times more.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). K1. P1. K1. *K1. P2. C2B. K1. P2. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K2. P1. K1.
2nd row: K1. P1. K1. yf. Sl1P. yb. *K2. P3. K2. yf. Sl1P. yb. Rep from * to last 3 sts. K1. P1. K1.
3rd row: K1. P1. K1. *K1. P2. K1. C2F. P2. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K2. P1. K1.
4th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 4 rows of Pat until work from beg measures 59 ins [150 cm], ending with a 4th row of Pat.
Work 6 rows in Seed St Pat. Cast off in pat.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Double Knit Hat with Earflaps
- Vintage Tie Up Headband Knitting Pattern
- Convertible Cowl Knitting Pattern
- Bulky Mustard Knit Beanie
- Chunky Winter Cable Knit Hat
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Bright and Colorful Loom Knit Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders