Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
This quick and easy knit in the round hat from Red Heart Yarn is as easy to make as it is to wear. If you're looking for kitting patterns for bulky yarn, this is the project for you...plus you can probably make it in one sitting.
Find more festive holiday patterns in Red Heart's special eBook, Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects.
- RED HEART “Light & Lofty”: 1 Skein each 9965 Zebra Stripe A and 9316 Puff B
- Circular knitting needles: 12.75mm [US 17], 16” long
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 7 sts = 4”; 12 rows = 4” in St st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- With A, cast on 36 sts. Join to work in rounds, taking care not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
- Round 1-2: [K1, p1] around.
- Rounds 3-5: [P2, k2] 9 times.
- Round 6: [K6, M1] 6 times – 42 sts.
- Knit every round until piece measures 5½” from beginning.
- Change to B and work until piece measures 8” from beginning.
- Decrease Round 1: [K8, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 38 sts.
- Decrease Round 2: [K7, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 34 sts.
- Decrease Round 3: [K6, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 30 sts.
- Decrease Round 4: [K5, k2tog] 4 times, k2 – 26 sts.
- Last Round: [K2tog] 13 times – 13 sts.
- Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close. Knot to secure.
- Weave in ends.
Read NextBeginner Hat Knitting Pattern