16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
Learn how to knit mittens for everyone in the family.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Prepare for cold winter months with these 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens. Mittens are actually warmer than gloves and are much easier to knit. If you're looking for an easy mitten knitting pattern or want to try something more difficult, you'll surely find a pattern that fits your need.
In addition to traditional beginner knitting patterns for mittens, you'll find plenty of fingerless mittens and loom knitting patterns. Make one of each and save them to give as gifts during the holiday season - it's a great way to show you care.
A warm pair of mittens always comes in handy during the cold winter months, and easy mitten knitting pattern for beginners are certainly the best option for keeping you comfortable.
If you're looking for a more open style, considering making fingerless mittens! Cou can keep your palms warm but still do common tasks like answering the phone.
Table of Contents
A winter wardrobe isn't complete without a warm and cozy scarf. Check out these
Free Knitting Patterns for Fingerless Mittens
If you are new to knitting, start off with fingerless mittens. Fingerless mittens are easier to knit and they are useful for working at the computer or other tasks requiring your fingers. They are surprisingly warm for not covering your fingers! Check out these easy mitten knitting patterns.
- Roman Holiday Fingerless MittensThese fingerless mitts are a good beginner project with an easy to remember pattern stitch. They work up quickly so they are a lovely idea for a last minute gift.
- Wrist Warmers Knitting PatternFingerless wrist-warmers are a great way to keep warm when you want to show off your rings.
- This beginner knitting pattern transitions easily from season to season. Fingerless gloves knitting patterns also turn into great gifts during the holiday season.
- Stop looking for a cool new knitting pattern because this pattern will be the next thing you knit.
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless MittsThis is a fashion-forward project for staying warm in winter while still having some freedom of movement.
- Quick Adorable Fingerless GlovesThis is one easy knit fingerless glove pattern. These fingerless gloves will only take you a couple hours to finish.
- Fingerless Cable GlovesThis easy knitting pattern creates a pair of fingerless gloves with a lovely cable running down the length.
Classic Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
If you would prefer a classic, closed mitten, we have many knitted mittens of this style. Use your favorite color of yarn and you can easily create a matching hat and/or scarf. Knitting mittens is a wonderful activity too because many patterns pair with hat and scarf knitting patterns.
- Boucle Mittens and Matching BeretKnit a pair of cozy boucle mittens with a matching slouchy beret with this free mitten knitting pattern.
- Chunky Mittens Knitting PatternUse double-pointed knitting needles and this free mittens knitting pattern to create a chunky pair of mittens with contrast stripe.
- Mittens for the Whole FamilyCreate mittens for everyone in your family with this easy pattern. You'll get instructions on how to make knit mittens for men, women, and children.
- Pretty Cable MittensCables are a great addition to any free knitting pattern. This is a great asset during the cold winter months - your hands will look great and stay warm at the same time.
- Wicked Knit MittensCheck out this free knitting pattern and tutorial that shows you how to make unique mittens with some serious 'tude.
- Easy Skeleton MittensIn the blink of an eye, you will have cool little gloves for your spooky little someone.
Loom Knitting Patterns for Mittens
Loom knitting is another option for knitting for own mittens. Loom knitting is fun and very fast. In addition, loom knitting can be easier on those with stiff fingers. These mitten patterns are performed with the help of a loom or knitting board.
- Warm Wool Mittens Free Knitting PatternEnjoy free knitting patterns for mittens like these warm knitted wool mittens that are sure to keep your hands toasty all winter long.
- Julianne Fingerless GlovesThese knitted gloves offer lots of warmth for the hands and wrists with the fingers free. This glove is shaped to fit comfortably around each finger.
- Cable Hat, Scarf and MittensThis beautiful free knitting pattern to make a matching hat, scarf and mittens involves smooth stockinette, ribs, and cables. Bulky wool makes it all very warm and cozy.
Once you start working on one of these easy mitten knitting patterns, you might not want to stop! Luckily, you can keep going with these "24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns" eBook
Let Us Know:
Should we add more fingerless mittens or traditional mitten patterns to this collection?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 16 Free Knitting Patterns for Mittens
- Chunky Mittens Knitting Pattern
- Beginner Montgomery Fingerless Mitts
- Wicked Knit Mittens
- Helix Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Quick Adorable Fingerless Gloves
- Mittens for the Whole Family
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Fingerless Cable Gloves
- Boucle Mittens and Matching Beret
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
- Handmade JOY Holiday Trio Ensemble
- Arctic Albatross Adult Coloring Page
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home