Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
Your search for a male beanie knitting pattern + scarf ends here.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This classic Men's Winter Hat and Scarf set makes a great winter gift for your favorite guy. Thanks to these delightful wearables, he's sure to feel nice and warm throughout the winter months. These are ideal free knitting patterns for beginners or anyone who wants to try something new. Make a bunch and give them to all of your favorite guys this winter.
If you're looking for free knitting patterns for scarves and hats, this is the perfect project to try. The most important part of knitting patterns for men is finding a pattern that he will actually want to wear. This knit hat pattern and knit scarf pattern set is created with a very basic and rugged pattern, meaning he can wear it without feeling like he is wearing something too jazzy or flashy. Be sure to work up this knitting pattern for men in a basic color like grey, black, or tan so it matches his outdoor wear.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 sts and 24 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Finished SizeScarf: Width: 9 1/2" [24 cm] Length: 49" [125 cm]
- Yarn: Bernat Denimstyle (3.5 oz/ 100 g) or yarn of choice, Hat, 1 ball, Scarf, 2 balls
- Size 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
Find even more free knit scarf patterns to love in our extensive collection of gorgeous knitting patterns.This collection contains cowls, simple scarves, and more intricate, intermediate patterns. Get the collection: 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
How to Knit the Men's Winter Hat and Scarf Pattern
Cast on 39 sts.
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd row: P1. *K1. P1. Rep from * to end.
Rep these 2 rows until work from beg measures 49" [124.5 cm].Fasten off.
Finishing: Cut 8" [20.5 cm] lengths of yarn. Taking 3 strands tog, knot into fringe across ends of scarf.
Cast on 78 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: *P2. K2. Rep from *to last 2 sts. P2.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 11 ins [28 cm] ending on a 2nd row.
1st row: *K2tog. P2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2tog. 39 sts.
2nd row: *P1. K1. Rep from * to last st. P1.
3rd row: K1. *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows once more then 2nd row once.
7th row: *K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 20 sts.
8th row: Purl.
9th row: (K2tog) 10 times. 10 sts. Break yarn leaving a long end. Draw end through rem sts and fasten securely.
Sew center back seam, reversing seam half way for turn back.
If you love matching knit scarves and hats, find more in our collection of 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
26 Homemade Birthday Gifts for Husband
What are your favorite gifts to make for men?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Criss Cross Baby Booties
- Bunny Squared – Make A Bunny From A Square
- Dr. Seuss Green Eggs Slime
- Paper Plate Lamb Craft
- Natures Best Herbs Scarf
- How To Crochet A Granny Square | Crafting Happiness
- Watermelon Coaster
- Bug Repellent Solid Lotion
- Crochet Wood Napkin Rings
- Lemon Mojito Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home