39+ Tin Can Crafts
Round up all of your recycled tin cans to create tin can decorations and more!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Eating is an art form. At least, the materials you encounter before you eat can be made into art. For example, you can make soda can crafts by bending the cans into animal shapes or hanging them on your wall. An aluminum or tin can also has plenty of practical and decorative uses. You can paint them and use them for organization or you can transform them into gorgeous tin can crafts.
There's no need to spend lots of money on expensive crafting supplies when you can use items that are already at home for your DIY crafts. The next time you heat up a can of beans or chicken soup, don't throw out the can. There are so many possibilities for tin can crafts stored in that small piece of metal!
Did you know that recycling one tin can saves enough energy to keep a TV on for three hours? Holding onto one tin can also gives you plenty of craft project ideas. You could make a container for your crafting supplies or critters for your kids. You could even use these recycled craft ideas to present gifts to your family and friends.
Here are 19 aluminum can projects you can use to recycle what you previously thought was trash.
Table of Contents
Recycling is not only good for the environment - it's good for
your wallet, too. Check out our free eBook to save money on
your next crafting project: "Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials" free eBook
Aluminum Can Projects for the Home
Tin or aluminum cans are great for storing pens, pencils or crafting supplies because they are sturdy and hard to destroy. You don't have to worry about lead breaking or pens exploding inside your tin can crafts - the metal simply wipes clean. There's also no need to break the bank by buying expensive pots for your plants at the garden center. Soup cans are the perfect size to make homemade planters for succulents and small houseplants.
- Tin Can Pencil Organizers
- Mini Succulent Planters
- Soup Can Pencil Holder
- 10 Minute Luminaries Tin Can Craft
- Fancy Tin Can Flower Pots
- Copper & Denim DIY Organizer
- Beachy Tin Can Craft
- Tin Can Pencil Holder
- Macrame 3-Pot Plant Holder
- Tuna Can Party Lights
- Recycled Jeans Tin Can Planters
- 10 Minute Upcycled Shabby Glam Tin Can Planters
- Recycled Coffee Tin Vase
- Upcycled Coffee Can Vase
- Tin Can DIY Organizer
- Faux Vintage Planters
- Romantic Tin Can Luminaries
- Super Easy Succulent Garden
- Tin Can DIY Wind Chime
- DIY Decorative Tin Can Vases
- Altered Tins Storage Solution
Tin Can Crafts for Kids
Who knew an old corn can could be so much fun? You kids will love bowling with their new soup can toys or crawling around with their tin critters. These aluminum can projects also make great pencil cups for school. Even if the cup falls off a desk, it won't break.
Tin Can Christmas Crafts
When budgets are tight with Christmas gift shopping and other expenses during the holidays, take advantage of opportunities to recycle in your crafting! These tin can Christmas crafts are delightfully cheerful for the holiday season.
More Tin Can Craft Ideas for the Holidays
Spring, summer, fall, winter - for every season, there is a can. With these adult craft ideas, you could create an adorable bunny vase to hold your Easter flowers or paint a snowman's face onto a tin ornament and hang it on your tree this season.
- Easter Tin Can Crafts
- Valentine Tin Cans with Burlap
- Mom's Favorite Tin Can Photo Vase
- Recycled Can Snowman Ornament
- Fall Decoration Recycled Tin Cans
- Herb Planter Tin Can Crafts
- Repurposed Leather (Faux) Pen Pots
- Makeup Storage Containers
- Colorful Upcycled Planters to Brighten Your Garden
- Spring Vase Tutorial
How to Use Recycled Tin Cans for Gifting
Don't waste money on wrapping paper and gift bags - you can make DIY crafts from recyclables to carry birthday and Christmas presents. Your friends and family might even want to keep the container along with the gift! You'd never know by looking at them that these beautiful tin can crafts used to hold your dinner last week.
Another great way to use recyclables in your crafting is with these 20+ Brown Paper Bag Crafts
What projects have you made recently out of recycled materials?
Let us know in the comments below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrapbusting Mini - Improv Blocks
- Homemade Recycled Gift Tags
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Susannah Beanie
- Friendship Mandala
- Grandma's Shoulder Wrap
- Alpine Stitch Infinity Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Hat
- Susannah's Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Coffee Cup Sleeve
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home