Tin Can Critters Recycled Craft For Kids
Whether you're crafting for Earth Day or just want to make some recycled crafts for kids, this Tin Can Critters Recycled Craft for Kids is so much fun. Use household items to complete this fun craft project. Tin can crafts and eco-friendly projects in general are the best way to save recyclable materials and use them for something practical and fun. Kids will love having the chance to unleash their creativity and will have fun at the same time. This is a great after school craft or weekend activity and can be create by kids at any age. be sure to help them out so the finished result is something they're really proud of.
Gather up your kids and start working on these recycled craft ideas. The family-friendly projects feature in 32 Recycle Crafts for Kids will keep your kids busy and teach them the importance of earth-friendly crafting. Save your discards and use them to create all kinds of cool craft projects.
- Arnold Grummer's Let's Make Paper! Kit
- Two 4" to 5" diameter cans, one open on one end, one open on both ends
- Tray or cake pan
- Plastic canvas: 6" x 6"
- 2 window screens: 6" x 6"
- Terry kitchen towel
- Paper towels
- Hardcover book
- Large zip-lock bag
- Kitchen blender
- Two 8 oz cups
- Stack in tray from the bottom up: rinsed open can, plastic canvas, window screen, second can with top and bottom cut out.
- Blend a 5" x 5" piece of wastepaper with 2 cups water in blender on hi for 20 seconds. Pour blended pulp into 2 cups.
- Don't be shy! Pour pulp from both cups into top can at the same time, quickly.
- Remove top can. Oooh and ahhh. Move new sheet on screen to terry towel. Cover with second window screen. Blot out as much water as possible with sponge.
- Put hardcover book in ziplock bag and seal. Use book to press wet sheet between paper towels.
- Cover sheet with thin cloth and iron dry, or place between dry paper towels under stack of books to dry overnight.
- Note: Lay out paper towels to dry and reuse another day for paper making. Have fun!
If you're looking for a companion for your cute homemade doggie bank? There's a feline version available in our collection of 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts. You'll also find a ton of recycled craft ideas for you to try out at home.
Read Next54 Recycled Crafts for Kids
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use